Summer Build

Started by shookie, July 26, 2010, 11:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shookie

Well I adjusted my valves the other day. I guess i didnt get the exhaust rocker arm nuts tight enough because the came off. I found one of the nuts but i think the other is down lower in the engine.  :( but the good news is it didnt damage the rocker arms or cam. the motor still turns fine with now binding so i think i may have got lucky. so I decided to do a rebuild. Im thinking a cp 11:1 piston and a hotcam 3 also thinking about auto tune. what are your thoughts on this combo? Thanks
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Spartan

I don't think you'll need the autotune for those mods, there are plenty of maps for that combo, and I've heard it'd be a good runner with that setup. Sucks to hear about the dropped nut though...don't worry you're not alone in that category :lol:

shookie

Ya i couldnt decide on the auto tune because I cant seem to find any maps for hmf exhaust. Any other mods you would recommend while im in there?
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs

Krandall

dropped bolts :help:

I know that all to well :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

preddy08

if you want to do a stroker build I'd help you drop the crank in. That way we can take a look and see if the bolt did any damage in the lower end. 250 for a hr +5 crank is hard to beat!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

shookie

I want to do a crank but i want to get this thing up and running soon. Im going to get a magnet tomorrow and try and find that nut. I got the head and cylinder off.  I attached a pic of the cylinder does any one think I need to get it sleved or am I ok? I will get a better pic tomorrow.
2008 Raptor 700r SE

Alkire193

I wouldnt go ahead with autotune. I didnt have much luck with my PC5 Autotune. It really gives some off the wall trim characteristics. You are better off getting a solid dyno tune on it and sticking with that IMO

shookie

Well i found the nut. :) It didnt do any damage thank GERD. But now i need to decide if i want a big bore or get my cylinder redone. :help:
2008 Raptor 700r SE

Spartan

105 bore it if you're gonna have any work done. Get either a 10.75:1 or 12:1 CP and call it a build  :thumbs:

shookie

Quote from: Spartan727 on July 27, 2010, 11:21:56 AM
105 bore it if you're gonna have any work done. Get either a 10.75:1 or 12:1 CP and call it a build  :thumbs:
Any one you would recomend to bore it?
2008 Raptor 700r SE

Alkire193

Bore and replate isnt tough. I went with US Chrome, they did alright. The over spray from the plating needed to be ground down and granite blocked for a better seal on my head gasket. But they were great to deal with and a great price. Make sure you send the piston with the cylinder and take EVERYTHING off, including that little oil return nipple on the front of your cylinder.

Peelz

Quote from: shookie on July 27, 2010, 11:25:26 AM
Quote from: Spartan727 on July 27, 2010, 11:21:56 AM
Any one you would recomend to bore it?

hit up Preddy, he "bores" me daily   :rofl: HEY OH!

and I'm out....

I know of nobody in Iowa. Our local yamaha shop does stuff for MX racing, but that is all I know.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Sleeving seems to be a great option. I've heard rumor Bo is not doing boring any more. If that's true, I don't know where I'd go.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shookie

Well i ordered a 105mm cp piston and and a hot cams 3. Does any one have a map for hmf exhaust with hot cam 3?  Im going to send the cylinder to us chrome when i get my piston.
2008 Raptor 700r SE

shookie

Quote from: Alkire193 on July 27, 2010, 12:14:00 PM
Bore and replate isnt tough. I went with US Chrome, they did alright. The over spray from the plating needed to be ground down and granite blocked for a better seal on my head gasket. But they were great to deal with and a great price. Make sure you send the piston with the cylinder and take EVERYTHING off, including that little oil return nipple on the front of your cylinder.
How did you get the oil return nipple off? im having one hell of a struggle not to mess it up taking it off. Thanks
2008 Raptor 700r SE