DOne being ripped off. help with parts list.please

Started by rightaway, July 21, 2010, 10:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rightaway

Story one: but a rough 2006 raptor 700. sent it to east coast customs and they said that they put a Trinity racing 734cc kit, JE 10.1 piston, hot cam stage one, ct racing header back exhaust, trinity racing air filter kit and computer. Long story short. Half the stuff was never put on i found out last week.

Part two. A year later, maybe 7 rides later. Timing chain was loud. Took it to cycle gear pro. He said the timing chain and sprocket and tensioner had to replace. I ask him about the cam. He said it was stock. So I had him put in a HC stage 3.

I rode 3 minutes and it stopped running. Brought I back and this is the email i got from him.

Hi Jay,

Ok, here's what we got.  It has the 105.5 bore kit with the 9:2:1 compression piston. The crank is stock with a stock stroke. The head is also bone stock with stock porting and stock valves.

Ok, now for some more bad news. The crank is shot and so are the crank bearings. The cylinder is egg shaped and the piston is worn. When the crank let loose, the extra play in the connecting rod caused the piston to come up and hit the valves.  You are looking at a complete bottom to top rebuild.  Estimated price is $1900 to $2200 depending if we find anything else broken inside the motor.

Thanks let me know what you want to do next.
John Aquino
Cycle Pro Racing,Inc.
908-850-1955
Fax 908-537-4890
www.cycleproracing.com

It sounds like me the timing was off, piston hit valve. and there we go.

So I'm going to rebuilt myself. Never rebuilt a quad before but i do have their service manual. Since I have to replace the crank, I was thinking hotrod 5+ crank with 11:5 piston. Send the head out to get a mild port with better valves. And better ideas to help me out. Does this built sound good?

Other mods that i have: Dynatek & Protech lid, all new razr 2 tires, 2" wicked arms, rear wheel spacers, GT THUNDER shocks front and steering stabilizer / damper. Prolly  some other stuff.

So can you guy suggest a place to buy parts and a built list and any other feed for me.

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

rightaway

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

anthony81

I would get a 5 mill hot rods crank for sure. Are you positive the mechanic you took it to knows for sure all that is wrong with it? I would take the head and cylinder off and see if its any good and check the play in the crank before i ordered anything. I do know from my previous build if you run the 105.5 bore and 5 mill stroker crank you have to have head studs and i would put cylinder studs also. I didnt do the cylinder studs and mine leaks a little oil under the jug. Did he replace the springs in the head when he put a stage 3 cam in? Stage 2 hot cam is as big as you can go without changing the valve springs.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

Spartan

Sucks to hear about your experiences, hope you can get it all worked out....worst case you can check out some shops like Racer's Edge AZ or Joker's Vault, they both have great customer reviews.

As for the cam, you CAN run stock springs on a Hotcam 2/3 in a Raptor 700, it's only when you have the ignition curve tuned aggressively that you may need HD springs for the Hotcam 3.

Krandall

Hey man, sorry to hear all your troubles thus far :( stuff like that sucks.

Where are you located?

for the price of 1900-2200 you can get a complete 700 motor (running).

but that'd bring you back to square one.

depending on where you want to go w/ the power. There's quite a few options. A HR Crank is just under $300. There are plenty of stock cranks floating around also if you're tryin to keep the cost down.

if the cylinder is egg shaped. I'm not sure really what your options are. I don' tknow how much more you can go. For that. I'd maybe talk to Bo White (VelociRaptor) and see if its possible to hog that out a bit more and then drop a steel sleeve in there.. If not. I think you're stuck w/ a bad cylinder. From what I remember. I think 105.5 is the most you can take out of the stock cylinders. But Bo would know for sure.

The head. Depending on what you want again... Quite a few options. Bo White (VelociRaptor) again would be a good contact. He does hand porting, very reasonably priced, and he's AMAZING to work with! Since you're at the point of the entire thing coming apart. I'd look into ditching that HC3. Colorado700r on here is looking at selling his cam. Its a beast!! :)

Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck man!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

rightaway

Few more questions, remember, I'm on a budget:

Some people say that the trinity fuel computer will make this engine hard to tune, that I will be maxing out that programmer Any truth to that?

Other people say that stay at 734 but don't add the 5+ stroker. I will not get that much more power out of it. I can't understand why now. More motor, more torque. Right?

Another question is valves for head. I was think about +2 valves and a mild port. But they said with only the hc3 it won't do much. Stay stock.

Just looking for advice before I start ordering parts.

preddy08

lets start from scratch. What all is damaged, and what kindof budget are we working with.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

rightaway

the crank is loose. you can grab it and move it by hand. so bad crank bearings.
the cylinder is scored front to back, not left to right.
piston hit two of the valves. the smaller ones.

budget $1000 thats shipped.

looking at +5 crank,11:1 piston, redo cylinder. its already at 105.5. bascially most of the inside is shot. not sure to do with the head? see the othe rpost that is full of questions

Krandall

Have you torn any of it apart yet to see the damage?

Crank - $250
piston $150
Cylinder - 200-300

Port job. (hand port you're looking @ $500 w/ + 1 valves)

cam another 150 if you're stuck on the hot cam.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

preddy08

its normal for the crank to have a little side play.

and Bo's hand porting if I remember right only cost 250.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Spartan

Quote from: preddy08 on July 27, 2010, 07:57:46 AM
its normal for the crank to have a little side play.

and Bo's hand porting if I remember right only cost 250.

250 for track II if I remember right, there's also the T-Rex which is also hand ported and about 500.

Krandall

He mentioned oversized valves which is why I said the $500.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: