Question

Started by Raptor700_777, July 16, 2010, 02:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptor700_777

I Have a 2008 700 Raptor and got a Full Big Gun Exhaust system put on it. I want to get a EFI Controller for it cause i think its running to lean. What would be the suggestion on which one to get for it??????

Sand84

Power Commander 3 or 5 would be the best bet.  But if you want to save some money i got a Alba Fuel controller that came off a bike running a Full big gun exhaust i'd sell for $60 shipped. 

Welcome to the site   :thumbs:
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Raptor700_777

Thanks man. But i will have to go with the power commander 3 or 5 cause i keep hearing about them. Which one is better 5? and whats the difference between the too of them?

Spartan

Buying new, get the PC5. They are virtually the same, the PC5 is newer and has more expandability. I've had both versions and I like my 5 a lot more...They work exactly the same, but the 5 is more compact and easier to put in with more add-ons, plus you can change maps without the 9v adapter for a 3 (which you can change by having the motor on too).

Peelz

doesn't the 5 have room for two maps at a time? you can swap between the two....

But the 3 does fine, and can be had cheaper.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spartan

Well new price wise they are the same price...Yes the PC5 can utilize 2 maps (and you'd need a switch to make that work really). If you can find a good deal on a PC3 (180 or below) I would get it, it's still a very good controller. I only switched to the 5 in the first place to use the autotune.

exentix

also i know when devan switched from a pc3 to a pc5 he had an o2 sensor welded into his exhaust because the pc5 has some sort of autotune feature. not sure exactly how it works, im sure somebody else can help  :thumbs:

welcome to the site  :clap:

Spartan

The PC5 itself doesn't have the autotune built in, it's an external module add on...it basically is expandable with extra modules like the A/T and an Ignition, quick shifter, LCD display etc