Can am side by side

Started by socalrappy700, June 26, 2010, 11:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

russ-russ

Looks pretty badass to me.  Might have to look at the X model.

Mad Dog

It's a full size side by side, Ranger/Rhino/Teyrex etc size.  A full foot longer than the 2 seat rzr, about 9 inches wider than the standard model and 2 inches taller and 350 pounds heavier.  Though it is nice it has an extra 30 hp over the 55hp RZR S' HO engine with the added bulk it'll need it but it could be faster with all that extra power.  The standard 760cc twin in the polaris makes 40hp in the Rangers, not sure how much it makes in the regular RZR 800 though.

socalrappy700

Thanks for the break down MD, I wasn't able to read all the specs last night...dead tired.  I just posted the link from the email they sent me.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

russ-russ

One huge advantage it has over the RZR...

It's NOT a Polaris.

Peelz

Quote from: russ-russ on June 27, 2010, 09:15:32 AM
One huge advantage it has over the RZR...

It's NOT a Polaris.

wisely spoken  :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

disco

pricey but I'd sure love to have one
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

exentix

thats awesome, i want one  :clap:

Langford

It looks nice, but I won't sell my RZR-S for one.  It is very much like the Arctic Cat prowler 1000...lots of power, but having the motor in between the seats pushes you up way too high, and both are HEAVY pigs.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Polaris answers with next month with their 2011 lineup.

Regardless...like I said, I'm sticking with my pooolaris.  Getting smoked by the Commander will probably just push me into doing the MC-X kit or weber swap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-r6_Q471DQ
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

Mad Dog

Quote from: Langford on June 27, 2010, 06:54:47 PM
It looks nice, but I won't sell my RZR-S for one.  It is very much like the Arctic Cat prowler 1000...lots of power, but having the motor in between the seats pushes you up way too high, and both are HEAVY pigs.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Polaris answers with next month with their 2011 lineup.

Regardless...like I said, I'm sticking with my pooolaris.  Getting smoked by the Commander will probably just push me into doing the MC-X kit or weber swap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-r6_Q471DQ

Going to have to look hard at the weber, unless polaris taps a sled engine they are going to continue to be way down on power compared to this rig.
Quote from: Sand84 on June 27, 2010, 10:15:41 PM
Looks Heavy  :confused:

1295 lbs...

Quote from: disco on June 27, 2010, 03:20:53 PM
pricey but I'd sure love to have one

The 800 model is identically priced to the standard versions of the big bore Side by Sides from other manufacturers, so I don't see an issue there.  The 1000 is more expensive, but you can get one for about 2k LESS than a Prowler 1000, and the fully loaded Commander 1000 X is only 200 dollars more than the Prowler XTZ1000 and comes with more hp and more kit.

In other words, it's amazingly well priced given the competition, and the fact that I expect Can-ams to cost MORE than their counterparts as we've seen in the ATV arenas.  IMO these machines are very competitively priced.

Now if you mean 12-15k is a lot to spend on a toy....you'll get no argument from me.

Peelz

MD, why aren't you a journalist?

anywhoo.....looks sweet, and at 85 hp..... I wanna go look at one. Being a tad heavier than a RHino, the extra 40 horses should take care of it.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

disco

After buying a sxs, then doing a weber or apex swap, with the money involved why not buy something like a mini rail?  I guess if you already have the sxs, that's one cost already out of the way.

I've like a sxs and I'd love a sxs with a motor swap but after looking at some forums saying up to 17k for a complete swap that mostly likely makes you give up 4wd coupled with buying a long travel set up makes a 'busa mini-rail all the more attractive.

@MD:  yeah, I was saying 12-15k is a lot for a toy.  I'd say the price, especially from Can Am, is very reasonable. 

I remember Troy (maybe Hefe?) talking about a motor swap for Rzr's at LS last year but don't remember what powerplant he was talking about.

Sigh... I'll just keep dreaming.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Colorado700R

Troy31

Wife saw a RZR4 on the way out to go riding this weekend, said she wants one. This is gonna be the first time she doesn't get what she wants. She isn't willing to give up her YFZR so I think i'm off the hook.
06 LTR450- race quad
09 KTM 505SX- trail/duner/back up racer
09 YFZ450R- wife's
05 Blaster