anybody know anything about tv repair?

Started by Livingmylife93, June 22, 2010, 10:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

i have a 36 inch toshiba tube tv, that i picked up for free off craigslist. It works good and all, but after a while of watching it it just shuts off. Its still getting power because the little red LED is still on. If i hit it on the side of the tv, it kicks back on. Then it may do it once or twice again then eventually hitting it wont work. When its not working, you can still hear the light murmer of a tv though.

Its not that old, it has 2 sets of the red, yellow, and whit jacks for input and another set for output. So its pretty up to date on technology. And ideas what it could be? If i cant fix it its meeting the railroad tracks  :nod:

Krandall

when the picture goes out does the sound keep playing or does the sound go out as well?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

Krandall

Sounds like a bigger issue.

My parents tv the tube itself is going out.  have you split the case to get inside to look at it. Could be possible its over heating and shutting itself off. Common problem w/ tube TV's get cluttered with dust. And if it's in a smoking environment, even worse.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Lady4Fiddy

A stick of dynamite will solve many problems.   :thumbs:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Livingmylife93

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on June 24, 2010, 06:07:34 PM
overtemp sensor somewhere?

that would be my guess.... i guess maybe i should just take the back off and look at it..

Krandall

Be careful when taking the tv apart, there's a few transistors inside that even though the TV is unplugged, they still hold power.   Don't ask how I know... :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spartan

Unplug it and push the power button a few times  :thumbs: It should discharge it...and let it sit for an hour or two.

Lady4Fiddy

I would stick my tongue on it... just sayin'    :rofl:

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for the idiotic actions of a person or persons that might actually attempt this action. If one does not have the common sense to distinguish between safety and danger it is their own damn problem not mine.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

Spartan

Quote from: Lady4Fiddy on June 25, 2010, 08:57:28 AM

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for the idiotic actions of a person or persons that might actually attempt this action. If one does not have the common sense to distinguish between safety and danger it is their own damn problem not mine.

:wtf:

Krandall

Quote from: Lady4Fiddy on June 25, 2010, 08:57:28 AM

:rofl:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spartan

CyNIck

Ours goes out once in awhile and all we do is take it outside and blow it out with the air compressor and works like a charm for another year or so. Has happened since it was new. Maybe that's all it needs before you start taking it apart might want to try that.  :thumbs:
2004 YZ450F dirt machine(Husbands)
2006 Raptor R1. Very nice Mine (SOLD) :(
2007 TRX450ER My new toy
Raptor 250 Cy's
2001 XR50 Nick's
2000 LT80 DG Pipe Nick's
2009 Rhino Family machine

Want? Need? It's a fine line............