Going to extend a swinger

Started by MORAPTOR700, June 15, 2010, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on August 10, 2010, 11:29:57 AM
Moving along and looking good Tony!  :thumbs:

Any updates?

No the guys thats going to weld it for me has been alot of OT so that has slowed up progress. Hope to have it done by LS though.
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

SOUTHTHIRTY

when you cut that stock swinger open how thick was the AL?

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: SOUTHTHIRTY on August 19, 2010, 06:48:16 PM
when you cut that stock swinger open how thick was the AL?

Just went and measured and it measures .160 thick.

SOUTHTHIRTY

very interesting......hmmmm you would think it would be thicker than that.... good info

MORAPTOR700

Well yesterday went down to work to use the tig get the swinger tacked up. I was able to get it tacked but I am diffently not tig welder. Everything come in and measured up well. It is off to the side about .020 but i'm not going to cut it apart for that. Hopefully get my welder to weld it up soon.

SOUTHTHIRTY

show off.....lol...  8)  cant wait to see this masterpiece

SULLY0556

Going the other way, I took 2" out of my "winter" swinger.  Pretty straightforward.  :thumbs:

I wouldn't suggest any hill climbs with it but she sure corners nice on the ice.  :lol:
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

MORAPTOR700

Well got the swinger back in my hands. Wasn't able to use the guy that works for me to weld it so there was another guy at work that tigs, so I asked him to do it. Started the grinding process tonight and it looking pretty good. Hard part is yet to come between the shock stiffers on the swinger. The only problem I have is I got a little more invested in this thing than I wanted as the welder guy has a fairly high hourly rate and it took a few hrs to weld up, still less than a aftermarket and its stock looking.  :thumbs: Will post up a few pictures in a few days.

MORAPTOR700

Well finally got the swinger done and on. Just waiting on a few parts but she will be ready for LS Rally.  :thumbs:

NaturalRaptor

It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Krandall

dang, that turned out AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Out Back Welding

Man that swinger extention looks really familiar...

my stock swinger ext. build.
http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=5892.0

Notice any similarities???

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: dpe_ele on October 01, 2010, 07:33:54 PM
Man that swinger extention looks really familiar...

my stock swinger ext. build.
http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=5892.0

Notice any similarities???

Yes I do cause I did what you had in your pictures.  :nod:

You did such a great job on yours so I did it like yours. 

txredxj

so how did you like the swingarm extended? i know i saw you run it in some drags and seemed to be running pretty good. did you like it in the trails?

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: txredxj on October 03, 2010, 05:54:09 PM
so how did you like the swingarm extended? i know i saw you run it in some drags and seemed to be running pretty good. did you like it in the trails?

I like it alot, do really have to worry to much about the front end coming although it did a couple times, and yea she is running pretty good for know, and the trails I couldn't tell any difference.