Helmet Camera

Started by shookie, June 18, 2008, 08:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shookie

What is the best helmet camera on the market. I plan on using it for kart racing so I need somthing thats not big. I also plan on using it for my raptor riding. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks
Chris :thumbs:
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

FoundArealQuad

Oregon scientific makes a good one for the price. Don't use the strap use the hard mount otherwise its not tight enough and rattles bad.
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

Caliraptor

Quote from: Polarass525 on June 18, 2008, 09:17:46 PM
Oregon scientific makes a good one for the price. Don't you the strap use the hard mount
YEAH I HAVE THAT ONE, its water proof and dust proof, its small, light and has a memory stick port, i havent had a chance to use it, the first time i was gonna try it out i flipped on the rappy..........no the camera wasnt on  :( so once i get my bike rollin, i'll take sum video
Skipping class and tapping ass

preddy08

Quote from: Calexiraptor on June 19, 2008, 11:39:46 AM
Oregon scientific makes a good one for the price. Don't you the strap use the hard mount
YEAH I HAVE THAT ONE, its water proof and dust proof, its small, light and has a memory stick port, i havent had a chance to use it, the first time i was gonna try it out i flipped on the rappy..........no the camera wasnt on  :( so once i get my bike rollin, i'll take sum video

I would love to see some footage. I am about ready to buy it, I have been looking for a helmet camera.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

FoundArealQuad

Buy one Preddy there worth the money :thumbs:
DMC Force 4s, PCIII, Mod Quad Intake, Flexx Bars, Alba Nerfs with Pro Pegs, Rox +2 adjustable risers, CCP, EHS airbox cover

preddy08

Quote from: Polarass525 on June 19, 2008, 11:59:18 AM

Lets see some footage!

anyone have the one with the LCD?

Jester2893

You should look for something you can plug into a mini dvr type device, so you can delete videos from there.
=[

preddy08

Quote from: Jester2893 on June 19, 2008, 12:14:32 PM
You should look for something you can plug into a mini dvr type device, so you can delete videos from there.

I usually have a labtop with me, so that isnt a problem.

socalrappy700

Quote from: preddy08 on June 19, 2008, 12:28:25 PM

Is that some kind of dog?

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Jester2893

Alright. I was going to get the one you guys are talking about, but the reason I didn't was because if I filled it up I would be screwed, and may loose out on some great riding footage. Also some of the standalone kits can get better sound quality. There is a site with pre-made kits for like 2/300 I think.
=[

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 19, 2008, 12:30:25 PM

Is that some kind of dog?

:lol:

Lab, Lap, whos counting........... :mad:

Post up some site with some good helmet cameras.

Krandall

I've got some footage, when I get home tonight I'll find it, upload it and send ya a link, it's not bad at all. It's not great. But not bad :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

shookie

Quote from: Calexiraptor on June 19, 2008, 11:39:46 AM
Do they have a site?
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

who else but rk

for shore. i got mine at sharper image for 75 bucks. no i just need to buy a 2 gig card
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

preddy08

Quote from: who else but rk on June 19, 2008, 02:20:18 PM
for shore. i got mine at sharper image for 75 bucks. no i just need to buy a 2 gig card

How much footage can you fit on a 4GB card?