New guy to the Source

Started by Langford, June 18, 2008, 02:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langford

Whats up everybody, another new guy to the forum.  I'm a recent transplant from RF....didn't like how the new company is treating their sponsors, and cramming everything full of ads, so I took the advice of a few members and decided to check this place out. 

Anyway, I'm new to Raptors too...picked up my first one about a month ago and love it.  I can't wait to start tearing into it a little more, but I have to learn to control the stock power levels first...lol.  Coming from a wolverine 450, this thing feels like a rocket.  Soon, the big 3 will be done...but I'm happy with it so far, and can't wait to put some more seat time in.

Its an 07 GYTR 700r, got a great deal on it because it was last years model, so I couldn't pass it by.  So far, its all stock except for the wheels and tires, which are ITP sandstars on ITP SS112 sport wheels.  And I'm waiting on a few pieces to get back from BandNdesigns.  Like I said, eventually it will be sporting some monster pipes, PCIII and the rumored FCI intake...but I'm in no huge rush.  I still have a few other projects that keep my time and wallet occupied. 

Well, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

Kyle

'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

who else but rk

how bout some pics of that truck. powerstroke?

any welcome!
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

socalrappy700

Whats up Kyle.  Going to be around the silver lake forum tonight for chat hour/

:lol:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Langford

Quote from: who else but rk on June 18, 2008, 02:39:26 PM
how bout some pics of that truck. powerstroke?

any welcome!

Yeah, thats my tow pig and dune toy.  Its an 04 6.0 PSD, 8" superlift, 38" mud grapplers, and a few other little things.

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 18, 2008, 02:39:52 PM
Whats up Kyle.  Going to be around the silver lake forum tonight for chat hour/

:lol:

Yessir, its very possible!  lol
'07 powerwheels raptor...with a belt driven twin screw centrifugal turbocharger!  Wait for it, wait for it...!

who else but rk

2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

exentix

im loving that truck lol...

that color bike is starting to grow on me too though

what you getting painted ne way?

Langford

Quote from: who else but rk on June 18, 2008, 03:13:00 PM
got black smoke?

Nah, not yet.  I really need to get some traction bars before I chip it.  The axle wrap with the stock power is bad enough, with the SCT...I will start breaking shit.  I would have it all done already, but I bought a RZR a few months back, and just picked up this Raptor...so no more mod money for the truck..lol.

Quote from: exentix on June 18, 2008, 03:18:44 PM

I wasn't a huge fan of the white, but it is growing on me too.  For the deal I got ($5999), I didn't care what color it was though.  I'm just starting out small with the paint, just the hood and tank topper. 

exentix

Quote from: Langford on June 18, 2008, 03:35:58 PM
got black smoke?

Nah, not yet.  I really need to get some traction bars before I chip it.  The axle wrap with the stock power is bad enough, with the SCT...I will start breaking shit.  I would have it all done already, but I bought a RZR a few months back, and just picked up this Raptor...so no more mod money for the truck..lol.

I wasn't a huge fan of the white, but it is growing on me too.  For the deal I got ($5999), I didn't care what color it was though.  I'm just starting out small with the paint, just the hood and tank topper. 
nice be sure to put them pics up asap

Sand84

2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

thatguy

Quote from: Langford on June 18, 2008, 03:35:58 PM
got black smoke?

get some  6inch stacks for that bad boy

RR34

im trying to get my dad to switch from his wolverine 450 to a 700. but hes scared of my YFZ so maybe the 700 wouldnt be ideal for him. :confused:

SEXY TRUCK!
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

dick-84

Welcome Kyle. I wish i could see the pics. Ill have to wait till i get home,  :mad:

Flynbyu

Welcome aboard Kyle.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Krandall

That truck is fricken sexy!!!

Welcome to the site man! :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

BRAD

welcome to the site. and nice truck for a ford
2007 GYTR Raptor
ROCK series skids
Yoshimura RS7
Motoworks Fuel programmer-(Dobeck Style)
Holeshot HD tires