Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 23, 2008, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 23, 2008, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 23, 2008, 02:11:48 PM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 23, 2008, 02:10:35 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 23, 2008, 01:57:18 PM
sup ho's

Que pasa amigo.

~Brian

one soft shell taco,one hard shell,one nacho bell grande ,medium lemonade, and a side of nachos.

No limonada.

~Brian

el fruito puncho?

Si, Jarritos.

If you ever see "Jarritos" in the store, try the Limon, Mandrina, and the Punch.

AWESOME.

~Brian

wtf is a jarrito?

Flynbyu

Back to the discussion we had on oil.....Open areas available for drilling.

CNNMoney Story....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Oil companies and many lawmakers are pressing to open up more U.S. land for drilling. But the industry is drilling on just a fraction of offshore areas it already has access to.

Of the 90 million offshore acres the industry has leases to, it is estimated that upwards of 70 million are not producing oil, according to both Democrats and oil-industry sources.

If all these areas were being drilled, U.S. oil production could be boosted by nearly 5 million barrels a day, up from about 8 million barrels a day currently.

That compares to an increase of maybe 2 million barrels a day experts say opening up other coastal areas and the Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge might yield.

The presumptive Republican candidate John McCain has come out in favor of lifting bans on oil-drilling off most of the East and West coasts of the United States. Added supply, the thinking goes, would ultimately bring down the price of oil. The bans were enacted in the 1970s following several coastal oil spills.

Critics say lifting the bans would do little to ease the nation's energy crisis in part because it would take years to produce meaningful amounts of oil, noting how much is currently going untapped.

"Big Oil is more interested in pumping up prices and pumping up their own profits rather than pumping more oil," said Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass), who has co-sponsored a bill to charge oil companies a fee for land they hold that's not producing oil. "We should not even begin discussing handing over more public land to the oil companies until they first use [the land] they already hold."

The oil industry says it pays millions of dollars for these leases, and not producing oil on them is something they would not intentionally do.

Rather, years of exploration is required before drilling can even begin. In some cases, no oil is found on leases they hold. In others, drilling the wells and building the pipelines takes years, and is especially hard now that a worldwide boom in oil exploration has pushed up the prices - and timelines - for skilled workers and specialized equipment.

"No one is sitting on leases these days," said Rayola Dougher, senior economic advisor for the American Petroleum Institute. "Those making those assertions don't understand the bidding and leasing process."

So who's right?

The oil industry is correct about not hoarding oil, said Oppenheimer analyst Fadel Gheit. With prices at $135 dollars a barrel, everyone is trying to pump as much as they can, he said.

But fearing oil prices will eventually fall, the industry is leery about making too many investments in the fields it has - many of which are in deepwater areas that can be pricey to develop.

Instead, they're holding out, hoping the government will open areas closer to shore that would be cheaper to work on.

Gheit hasn't seen the legislation proposed by Markey and others, but he thinks the government should revise the leasing process to encourage more drilling on existing areas before it puts more acres up for bid.

"Government agencies should hold their feet to the fire," he said. And oil companies "should finish what's on their plate before they do back in line."

Thoughts?

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

"thoughts" I've got one :mad:

The gov't can't really help us with this one. and, Oil companies aren't going to help us, they don't have to. They can just keep jackiong the price up, until they find a ceiling where demand goes down. They don't need to produce more, when they're making a killing with lower production.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

My thoughts too. The only thing that is going to help is a drop in demand. It's crippling food costs around the world since everything takes fuel for it to get to your table.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 23, 2008, 02:45:01 PM
My thoughts too. The only thing that is going to help is a drop in demand. It's crippling food costs around the world since everything takes fuel for it to get to your table.

~Brian

+1 Cripples all costs! Our shipping here has gone up 30 percent in one year, on average.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Flynbyu

It's hurting poor countries that don't have a lot of drivers. I have noticed shipping has went up through UPS, etc. too.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

kyledvor61

Peelz

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 23, 2008, 02:57:38 PM
It's hurting poor countries that don't have a lot of drivers. I have noticed shipping has went up through UPS, etc. too.

~Brian

that blows, to not be part of the problems, but to still be dealing with the problems.

preddy08

Quote from: Peels660 on June 23, 2008, 02:42:11 PM
"thoughts" I've got one :mad:

The gov't can't really help us with this one. and, Oil companies aren't going to help us, they don't have to. They can just keep jackiong the price up, until they find a ceiling where demand goes down. They don't need to produce more, when they're making a killing with lower production.

I think the just found the ceiling. Oil consumption is down for the first time in 17 year!!!

FERK it only took diesel to hit $5.00 per gallon :mad:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Flynbyu

Yeah and diesel is a by product of the refining process.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

kyledvor61

RR34

jumped in the pool with my phone :'( :'(
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

kyledvor61

RR34

Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 23, 2008, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: RR34 on June 23, 2008, 03:51:26 PM

dumbass

the funny thing is as i was getting in the pool me and my friend were talking about how he dropped his phone in the ocean the other day. :help:
f*ck the system? i didnt even know there was a system!

http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=119&i=12144039584121zx

kyledvor61

Quote from: RR34 on June 23, 2008, 03:53:35 PM
Quote from: kyledvor61 on June 23, 2008, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: RR34 on June 23, 2008, 03:51:26 PM

dumbass

the funny thing is as i was getting in the pool me and my friend were talking about how he dropped his phone in the ocean the other day. :help:

theres an ocean near georgia?!