My journey to LA

Started by Diggs59, April 24, 2010, 11:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggs59

Well, I've left my residence of Maryland and me and the wifey are currently on our way to our new home in Louisiana. It's been a real pain in our asses getting to the point where we are at as of now. Now it seems the movers are on a mission to piss us off even more. Our stuff was supposed to be delivered on the 26th of April originally BUT we received a call yesterday informing us that the earliest our stuff could now be delivered would be the 30th of April. I asked what the holdup was and he basically told me that there were not enough loads of stuff on the truck as of yet to drive to Louisiana.....Needless to say I was pissed when I found out that our stuff was being put on hold due to their lack of having a full truck (and them losing money). I informed them that I'm going to have to use my own personal days to take off of work to set up the house now and I'm also going to end up paying (out of pocket) to stay in hotels until it's delivered.  :mad: I let him know that Interstate (that's the name of company) would never be a part of my future moves during the rest of my career and that they were the epitome of bad business. I'd recommend staying away from them in the future. Somebody is going to pay for my hotels and it sure as hell isn't going to be me :mad: I guess it will have to be Uncle Sam. :nod:  Now we're in Tuscaloosa and the weather is terrible which is further hindering our arrival to our new home. :(

I guess this was just something I needed to get off of my chest guys but I guess the good news is that I'm going to have way more places to ride out now, Wiggins, MS being one of them. ;)

Spartan

Nice Jarrett, hope it all works out for you in the end...When you get settled I may have to swing a ride up and meet some other rappy peeps up in LA...

Diggs59

Quote from: Spartan727 on April 24, 2010, 11:35:43 AM
Nice Jarrett, hope it all works out for you in the end...When you get settled I may have to swing a ride up and meet some other rappy peeps up in LA...

I'm hearing that there are quite a few members of the forums that travel to Wiggins to ride. It's a pretty far drive for them but it's only an hour or so for me and my buddy Dave who just bought a 700XX :lol: and he's willing to ride where ever and whenever. Let me know if and when you plan on making an trip over and we'll talk about getting you situated for the weekend or night. You're in Jax now right? Well, gonna hit the road, I probably won't be able to respond to this thread until later tonight.

Spartan

No I'm in Orlando...There's also some dunes/trails in LA I'd like to hit up. I know some guys are going next weekend but I probably can't afford the trip right now...It'd definitely be cool to figure out some other weekend when you're all set up...I'll buy the first 18pk :lol:

Gunz

I've worked for North American Van lines, Mayflower, United Van Lines, and Allied. Besides Allied, Interstate is one of the worst.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Diggs59

Quote from: Mikey on April 24, 2010, 10:17:14 PM
I've worked for North American Van lines, Mayflower, United Van Lines, and Allied. Besides Allied, Interstate is one of the worst.

Haha figures, Allied was the first company I used over 4 years ago...They got my shit to me on time but it was broken all to hell.  :help:

Krandall

sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. What part of La you movin to?

You'll have to look up Troy down there :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Diggs59

Quote from: Krandall on April 26, 2010, 07:25:56 AM
sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. What part of La you movin to?

You'll have to look up Troy down there :)

I'll be in Slidell, it's about 74 miles from Wiggins, MS. Lots of places to ride.....I figure I'll see him there sometime Krandall.

Krandall

And since you're down there. We could use a local reporter for the Outlaw races coming up in June... :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once