Is it better to Buy or Rent?

Started by Krandall, April 22, 2010, 10:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

socalrappy700

Sooner or later buying comes out to be better.  And if you have a standard 30 year loan and make two extra payments a year (use your tax return) you can pay off the house in 10 and be debt free.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Mad Dog

Assuming I buy a cheap house, and magically come up with a 20% down payment I don't have, it will still be 8 years for me ONLY if housing prices rise 4% per year.  If they raise less than 4% Buying is NEVER better for me (at least on the 30 years they go out to).

Handy tool though, and one I will probably use if/when I actually find a place I'd be interested in.  Thanks.

Magz

verry intresting................
I always think it is better to buy...........than rent....

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Magz

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on April 22, 2010, 02:01:50 PM
if it has wheels on it, buy it.

then pimp it out with 20's and a sound system.

Hefe

Headrope

It might not always be the best way to go but feels good knowing I actually own most of what I've got.

I sacrifice too much to spend my paycheck on something someone else owns.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Mad Dog

You say potato I say potato....buying a house is just renting it from the bank, only with a lot more fine print.  Aside from upkeep and maintanance and property taxes I avoid I don't have to worry about the housing market taking a dive And leaving me upside down on a mortgage that I'm stuck with unless I can find some other poor sucker to take on the burden and hope I can cover what's left outstanding.

I have no problem with home ownership, in fact I think it's great.  But Its not a moral absolute and I don't think it's a choice someone should be judged upon.  Not directed to anyone here just jumping on the soap box for a moment.   

Peelz

Quote from: Mad Dog on April 22, 2010, 10:12:41 PM
You say potato I say potato....buying a house is just renting it from the bank, only with a lot more fine print.  Aside from upkeep and maintanance and property taxes I avoid I don't have to worry about the housing market taking a dive And leaving me upside down on a mortgage that I'm stuck with unless I can find some other poor sucker to take on the burden and hope I can cover what's left outstanding.

I have no problem with home ownership, in fact I think it's great.  But Its not a moral absolute  and I don't think it's a choice someone should be judged upon  Not directed to anyone here just jumping on the soap box for a moment.   

I agree MD.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Hefe

MD... you rent.... ERMAHGERD.. you LOSER!!!!

did I judge enough?

Mad Dog

Quote from: Hefe on April 23, 2010, 08:41:12 AM

did I judge enough?

:lol:

Sorry I can't feel too bad about what someone with a YFZ says.

Peelz

Quote from: Mad Dog on April 23, 2010, 08:47:45 AM
Quote from: Hefe on April 23, 2010, 08:41:12 AM

did I judge enough?

:lol:

Sorry I can't feel too bad about what someone with a YFZ says.

no judgements here mr 660 loser. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hefe

ctateusa

:rofl:

I feel for you guys been in my house for 7 years, finally all the interest is paid off.  I watched the market go to where my house was over 30k more than what I paid for it and now its probably only worth about 10k over what I paid for it. :'(