90hp

Started by Kamakazi, March 29, 2010, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

what does it take to hit 90hp?  so many of us are at the magic 70hp, next logical stepup is 90hp.  So what does it take to get there?  without turbo or nitrous?  Is a +5 crank big enough?  or have all of us with a +5 crank and +2 valve guys hit a wall?
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Colorado700R

Kami, it's all about squeezing every ounce out of what you got with the right extra parts.

54-58 throttle body, pink injector, custom ignition curve, fancy spark plug, higher compression (14-1) and 105 piston and cylinder. etc, etc...

Gunz

I'll reply to this in awhile with more detail, I gotta go to work. But yeah a +5 and 90hp is doable, I've got proof....Troywcc 770 90hp.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Peelz

Raptor source stickers and a good tailwind
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 29, 2010, 11:25:02 AM

Nice DICK response. LOL Dont forget to put it on a downhill.

The machine really has to have everything done exactly right for this to happen. +5 crank with a 105, yes. But it would easier to get with a larger bore if you want to keep a +5 crank installed. Larger injector, larger throttle body, higher compression, choice of cam is important. Stage 2 head porting should be fine. Dual exhaust...... lots of items, but if Troy sees this thread he will toss in his 2 cents.

Tim Barker

it depends on whose dyno you use. ???

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

dragonz

who's dyno....................LOL
too right on that score
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Krandall

Quote from: Alkire193 on March 30, 2010, 01:30:04 AM

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 29, 2010, 11:25:02 AM

Nice DICK response. LOL Dont forget to put it on a downhill.

The machine really has to have everything done exactly right for this to happen. +5 crank with a 105, yes. But it would easier to get with a larger bore if you want to keep a +5 crank installed. Larger injector, larger throttle body, higher compression, choice of cam is important. Stage 2 head porting should be fine. Dual exhaust...... lots of items, but if Troy sees this thread he will toss in his 2 cents.

didn't even pay him to say that. :lol:

I know 70 is easy w/ a 727 (bore or crank) Are you looking to use juice at all? I think that would probably be the easiest route to hitting 90. :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

Its really just a theoretical question, im not serious about hitting 90hp in a way that i have to have it.  Its just im already at 70 and frankly a bit bored of it.  Duals are in the works, as well as a 105 bore.  Lots of people are sitting at 70hp but not many people are at 90hp, and it seems to be a coveted number owned by a few, and was just wondering what the wall to break through is.  Is it air flow?  Is it Fuel?  Is it Bore/Stroke?  Thanks for the responses.  I think mainly ill try to get the most out of my build with a 105.5 and duals, I have a +3 tb which i believe to be enough, but i may have to step up my injector.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

Quote from: kamakazi on March 30, 2010, 10:13:00 AM
Its really just a theoretical question, im not serious about hitting 90hp in a way that i have to have it.  Its just im already at 70 and frankly a bit bored of it.  Duals are in the works, as well as a 105 bore.  Lots of people are sitting at 70hp but not many people are at 90hp, and it seems to be a coveted number owned by a few, and was just wondering what the wall to break through is.  Is it air flow?  Is it Fuel?  Is it Bore/Stroke?  Thanks for the responses.  I think mainly ill try to get the most out of my build with a 105.5 and duals, I have a +3 tb which i believe to be enough, but i may have to step up my injector.

bored of 70hp?

sendz me aboutz 15 of demz plz thx :lol: I will uze dem if u R bored.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

dragonz

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on March 30, 2010, 10:14:27 AM
Quote from: kamakazi on March 30, 2010, 10:13:00 AM

bored of 70hp?

sendz me aboutz 15 of demz plz thx :lol: I will uze dem if u R bored.
Hell, I'll take 5 off your hands if you don't want em
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Troy

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on March 29, 2010, 10:01:51 AM
I'll reply to this in awhile with more detail, I gotta go to work. But yeah a +5 and 90hp is doable, I've got proof....Troywcc 770 90hp.

I haven't hit that mark yet but it should be right there on Dyno Mike's dyno and DL's, sounds like those two are on par with one another from what we've compared.  That is the equivalent of hitting 80 on the dyno I frequent in Colorado, it's 10 horse down.  Like Tim said, depending on what dyno you hit up, they vary well over 20 horsepower either way in drastic cases from what I've seen.  But I do believe 90 horse out of a 727 big bore or 770 is doable, DL and I are both knocking on the door of 90 on respective dynos.  Who knows though, I may not be able to hit 70 on the dyno's down here!  It won't be long and the fast guys will be doing it with stockbores  :thumbs:  I wanna see 200 horse out of one of these motors, regardless of what it needs to be to do that.

Tim Barker

I have seen a dyno run from a certain turbo build that makes 190+ ;)

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

DL700

the +3 tb is good to about the mid 70's mark.. trying to push more will require more air flow @ rpm... the hp in these motors is in air flow, not in cc size...

there are a few  stock bore/stroke motors making well over 80 hp  and still having plenty of room to grow 8)

HP per CC seems to stay on par when going up in size with just bore but havent seen the same out of stroke.....
  .....the 90 hp mark on just a big bore has become a goal of mine, to push the limits of the smaller motors will define the potential of cc size and shine a light on what is missing in the bigger combos...

ive seen one too many big stroke motors make crap for  hp ....

CUERVO RACING

Krandall

Would there be much HP difference between a +2 to a +3 TB?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once