Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Cracked my Lonestar swinger....again.  (Read 3313 times)

jstev

Re: Cracked my Lonestar swinger....again.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
So Peels how do you supose the 660 stock arm is held todether?  Why can someone else not weld as good as whatever machine welded the 660 swinger?    I have seen someone welding on a 700 swinger and the process in which they make those sand cast swinger letss all kinds of trash into the metal.  You would not believe how nasty they look while you are welding on them.  So how strong can they be when really  they are just aluminum pot metal, so I don't see how much weaker they could be when extended.

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »
It is still solid metal. Which would have less weak spots then many pieces welded together

I am sure there are many that are welded correctly, but to me, the price is too high to be unsure, just to get a jump off the line

and sorry, not thinking about 660s when posted
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
This is definitely the last ladder bar I buy. I'm going to the rectangle tube style.

Thats the one I have, heavy but I cant see it breaking on me at all

jstev

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
Nice alkire, That is what I want for mine.   Lonestar, eyball and another that is slipping my mind make those like that.  I think that rectangle tubing like that would be super strong.

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 01:18:57 AM »
It is very beefy sir, I got it off Ebay and they called asking me how i wanted it built. Got it custom the way I wanted it with skid mounts and all. Definitely a great buy so far.