Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Raptor 700 YFZ LT Suspension  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Joker's VAULT Quads and Customs
    • Email
Raptor 700 YFZ LT Suspension
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:42:04 AM »
We are proud to be selling the complete line of ZBroZ, ARS and Exit shocks!...

Suspension at it's finest....as with everything brought to you by the Vault....TOP SHELF!

http://www.jokersvault.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&zenid=ge18p38p7b2goe6cqs942lhit2

Specializing in Raptor 700's, Rhino's, Teryx and High end Sand Cars. Custom Paint, Custom Builds, Engine Builds, Suspensions, Custom Joker's VAULT in frame drag pipes , Turbo's SLC Quad Custom swingarms, Billet accessories. Stock to Sexy.......Mild to wiLd! 801-394-0611

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Street Cred: 16
  • Koolaid maker
Re: Raptor 700 YFZ LT Suspension
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:13:07 AM »
Those are hella nice a-arms and shocks Kev!

Dumb question, why is the adjustment notch inboard on these tie rods? (IE closer to the frame than the wheel, instead of OEM style) ?

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:16:03 AM »
I believe that's a Kawasaki style Tie rod, the Yamaha designs are pretty week IMHO.

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:30:32 AM »
Weak is sometimes a good thing...I had Tusk chromoly tie rods on mine when I hit that :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: stump and everything else broke except the tie rods...so it might be better to let em bend a little bit, that's an easier fix than a bent a-arm and bent wheels :lol:

Offline Joker's Vault

• Customer Service #1
  • Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 3
    • Joker's VAULT Quads and Customs
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
Weak is sometimes a good thing...I had Tusk chromoly tie rods on mine when I hit that :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: stump and everything else broke except the tie rods...so it might be better to let em bend a little bit, that's an easier fix than a bent a-arm and bent wheels :lol:

Aaron is correct...oh and I really dont think you can hurt these arms or tie rods....add the stem and it is as bullet proof as it can be.....Just my opinion....

Kevin
JVR
Specializing in Raptor 700's, Rhino's, Teryx and High end Sand Cars. Custom Paint, Custom Builds, Engine Builds, Suspensions, Custom Joker's VAULT in frame drag pipes , Turbo's SLC Quad Custom swingarms, Billet accessories. Stock to Sexy.......Mild to wiLd! 801-394-0611

Offline Spartan

• Most Picked on
  • Koolaid maker
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »
I don't doubt you at all, sorry for the threadjack...I was just wondering if it was a different design with these tie rods....They look awesome either way  :nana:

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »
a tree root bent my oem tierods, these on the ARS kit are designed to absorb the impact also, but stronger than OEMs that can't even handle basic terrain.

Offline XC_Raptor700R

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
That has to be a sweet setup !  Looks great too !
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com