Truck Bed Space

Started by Busby, February 27, 2010, 10:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busby

Okay no bitching at me or anything (Peels shut up I can hear you thinking :P).

I am thinking about getting either Chevy El Camino, Chevy C-10 Step Side or a S-10 (SWB Body). what I need to know is does anyone know if a Raptor will fit in the bed of these trucks or does the Raptor need lifting up to clear the wheel arches as I am concerned about the nerf bars sitting on the wheel arches.
www.zazzle.com/busbyeie "Funky Shirts"

Mad Dog

You'll definitely need to lift the front tires over the humps any anything short of a full size pickup bed, my question is whether they're wide enough to fit at all.  the c10 step side should fit, but i'm not so sure about an s10 stepside.  no idea how big the camino is out back.

Busby

yea i am not worried about the length it was more a case of if the nerf bars would sit on the arches or not, haveing the front wheels and the back wheels infront and behind the arches is fine. I am just trying to get an idea if I would need to make say a ramp in the back of the truck that I can take out and then strap the rappy down to the ramp or if I can just drop it in there.

Peelz

raptor fits in my tiny nissan frontier's bed. But just barely between the wheel humps. If I put my + 1 wheels on it, it has to be lifted over. But won't in my brother's 01 s-10.   :confused: have to lift it over the wheel wells. Might be because he has a bedliner in there.No probs with the full size trucks. I have an aluminum ramp i use. Cost me 100 bucks. folds in half and works great.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Gunz

A raptor will fit in a lifter 4x4 El Camino,,,, no problem. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Busby

A  lifter 4x4 El Camino whats one of them ????
So a S-10 is not big enough to hold the rappy peels

Peelz

Quote from: Busby on February 27, 2010, 11:55:59 AM
A  lifter 4x4 El Camino whats one of them ????
So a S-10 is not big enough to hold the rappy peels

it holds it, but you gotta lift it over the wheel wheels.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Busby

so even though you have to lift the front wheels over the wheel wells in length it fits but do the nerf bars sit on the wheel wells or are they high enough to no sit on them and can you shut the tailgate up when the raptor is in ?

Peelz

Quote from: Busby on February 27, 2010, 12:06:05 PM
so even though you have to lift the front wheels over the wheel wells in length it fits but do the nerf bars sit on the wheel wells or are they high enough to no sit on them and can you shut the tailgate up when the raptor is in ?

in the s10, the front wheels went over the humps, then kinda nestled up against the front of the bed. I did not have the nerfs then. If I had to guees. I would say it is not a problem. Raise the front wheels up a bit to keep the nerfs off the wells.

Busby

what about being able to shut the tailgate ? or does it have to be left open

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Busby

10/10 that things is crazy looking i have never seen a camino jacked ... I would love to own a normal El camino if i knew i could get a rappy to fit in the back but I can't seem to find out how long the truck bed is in size and I am not sure that a raptor with nerf bars on would fit in without sitting on wheel wells.

Gunz

Im purdy damn sure a El Camino bed is the same dimensions as a regular c10.... The wheel wells should clear just fine on 99% of everything out there. As long as the raptor will fit I don't think the wheel wells will be an issue for your nerfs. My Raptor is lowered an inch all the way around and I've never had an issue with the nerfs in a regular bed.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Busby

:clap: Thanks for the information guys been most helpful as always

Peelz

tailgate will shut in the s10 no prob.