My new chamber design

Started by Kenny, June 16, 2008, 04:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Check the roughed in chamber. It's out getting a 3-d scan this week. Once that is done, the whole deal can be CNC'd(and look much smoother), we can also use that scan to layout piston dome shapes. :thumbs:

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Colorado700R

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

preddy08

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 16, 2008, 05:25:11 PM
Thats hot!

:thumbs:

Just don't drop it like its hot. That would be expensive :rofl:

Looks good Kenny. I'm kinda a porting newbe, but are you de-shrouding the valves per the big bore spec?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kenny

Quote from: preddy08 on June 16, 2008, 05:47:15 PM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 16, 2008, 05:25:11 PM
Thats hot!

:thumbs:

Just don't drop it like its hot. That would be expensive :rofl:

Looks good Kenny. I'm kinda a porting newbe, but are you de-shrouding the valves per the big bore spec?
Yeah I take cylinder wall shrouding into every design aspect of heads. I use the topcut, chamber shape, and custom tuliped valves to manipulate the mixture. Basically....I make air my bitch! :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Colorado700R

Kenny,
Check your PM's, or I'm not building you that anti-honda missile system  :batman:

(Update)

..and I repost your "Kenny Loggins" picture

:lol:

Kenny

Quote from: Colorado700R on June 16, 2008, 07:10:12 PM
Kenny,
Check your PM's, or I'm not building you that anti-honda missile system  :batman:

(Update)

..and I repost your "Kenny Loggins" picture

:lol:
Nothing could be worse than the "lethal weapon/ Rambo" hair gone bad :lol:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

1FST690

Are you changing valve angle at all?
04 686 Duner
02 NMR 650+ modified "High Mainenance"
02 Scrambler 500
02 Sportsman 500HO ( For Sale )

Kenny

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

Quote from: Kenny on June 16, 2008, 08:46:53 PM
Quote from: 1FST690 on June 16, 2008, 08:31:58 PM
Are you changing valve angle at all?
Not on this one...... 8)

"On this one....."  ???

I'm LISTENING!!!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

kenny nice talkin to you again today i sent you a pm
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Bert

Damn Kenny, you've got all kinds of stuff coming out, dyno sheets available yet  :lol:

Kenny

Quote from: Bert on June 16, 2008, 10:37:52 PM
Damn Kenny, you've got all kinds of stuff coming out, dyno sheets available yet  :lol:
Not yet....The port work isn't finished yet. This chamber is getting 3-D scanned this week and the port work will get digitized next week. The CNC will be able to do all the porting, then flip the head over and cut the chamber. I will be able to get really high compression with a flattop piston. With the chamber being so compact, it should behave like a multi-plug head. I am also working with angle milling (rolling the head) and physically relocating the head on the cylinder. :nun:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

So. Is this all just a testing phase? Or was there enough data logged through your bench flowing a stock head that leads to saying that reworking the chambers will be beneficial?

I mean, I know there's always better ways to improve upon any design. More so just wondering what you saw that suggested this move?  :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

Quote from: Krandall on June 17, 2008, 07:33:01 AM
So. Is this all just a testing phase? Or was there enough data logged through your bench flowing a stock head that leads to saying that reworking the chambers will be beneficial?

I mean, I know there's always better ways to improve upon any design. More so just wondering what you saw that suggested this move?  :)
I always want the most compact chamber possible, for the most efficient chamber I can get. The smaller chamber with more quench has much to do with the mixture motion inside the chamber. You may have noticed the gains we are seeing lately with a tighter piston to head clearance. I think we see an average of nearly 2 free hp when we tighten the clearance and take some of the dome off to make the CR the same.
I also always want as small of an intake valve angle (vs piston) as I can get. That is why rolling the head 1.5° will be beneficial. And of course, moving the intake valves away from the cylinder wall reduces shrouding.

Here is what I plan to offer:
The Racers edge head as my entry level head, which is simply the best head for the money. Bar none. It comes cut for +1 valves and has a BB contour CNC valve job, and you can get the Ferrea +1 valves with a custom tulip angle for $35 each!
Price:$500 +parts

My "AV" ported head with +2 valves, which sees substantial increases in flow, and uses an altered airspeed, to be more fitting for a Hotrod. They also use the Ferrea valves with a custom tulip, and the BB contour valve job.
Price: $750 +parts

Then there is this "flagship" head that has all the stops pulled out. It will be welded up everywhere, angle milled, and use offset dowels for head placement.
Price:$1000 +parts
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154