Mini-Winter Build

Started by Krandall, February 16, 2010, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

for now, I'm gonna blame....

Shawn. for giving me the deal on his X-2 cam and Phucker for giving me the deal on the +1 valves.

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spartan

I blame all of you guys for me ever putting more than handlebars on my quad.

Kamakazi

Quote from: Spartan727 on May 18, 2010, 10:27:08 AM
I blame all of you guys for me ever putting more than handlebars on my quad.

Personally i called u a moron for pulling the spark arrestor, and i musta been right cuz it was a set of barkers the next week  :nod:  Friends dont let friends let Pat mod  :rofl: we should start a thread on it, sorry patters just couldnt resist  ;)
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Spartan

There is a thread...called Evolution of a Fail ;)

Krandall

Just a little update since I've been slacking.

So.. quad issues, quad issues, krandall issues.

a few weeks ago, the chip twins (Funyun and Dorito) went to St. A's. They were both gracious enough to drive through St. Paul and meet me there and brought my quad to St. A's.

Since the weather was crappy, Chris (Alkire) was nice enough to tear into it a bit and see if he could find out what the issue was. All it ended up being was cam timing off by 1 tooth (not sure advanced or stupid) but... weird none the less. Everyone I had talked to suggested that w/ the tmiing off it'd still run.  It ran for about 5ish mins and the headgasket blew. 4gunz and JStev took the quad with them to Oklahoma and its currently in Tonto's garage. Got a new head gasket shipped down there and a few other misc parts sent up my way. Hoping I can drive down there some time in the next few weeks to meet up w/ gunz/roy and whoever and do a mini ride on a saturday and then bust home.

Just thought I'd fill everyone in :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

I believe you were advanced one tooth

Krandall

Is that pointing forward more or backward more?

I believe when I've checked timing (prior to this) if you match the line on the crank, the line on the sprocket was always pointed a bit back from where the mark on the top of the head was.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

preddy08

Pretty sure the flywheel was loose too causing some weird sounds.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Spartan

So what's the latest update on this so far? I know the headgasket blew again at Tonto's and something about the transmission not going into 2nd gear right...

Krandall

Alrighty.

Talked to Roy last...... Monday. Head was put on, just needed a few small things to button it up. Sent me a vid Tuesday evening of the rappy running WOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Got a call about 4 hours later. head gasket blew (again) and like Alkire had mentioned, it was indeed shifting strangely into 2nd gear. Luckily I had ordered a new set of case gaskets. So, once again, it's coming apart. Estimated time, not sure. I know crap is busy for everyone in the summer.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

tonto13

I am on it Kranny! Just really sorry about all the shit that has happened with the bike. I know what it is like to not have your quad. Just want to make sure all is good when you get it back. Plus do not want you to have to turn a WRENCH on it!!  :thumbs:
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Colorado700R

Quote from: tonto13 on July 06, 2010, 04:06:37 PM
I am on it Kranny! Just really sorry about all the shit that has happened with the bike. I know what it is like to not have your quad. Just want to make sure all is good when you get it back. Plus do not want you to have to turn a WRENCH on it!!   EVER!!  :thumbs:

edited for accuracy :lol:

Krandall

Quote from: tonto13 on July 06, 2010, 04:06:37 PM
I am on it Kranny! Just really sorry about all the shit that has happened with the bike. I know what it is like to not have your quad. Just want to make sure all is good when you get it back. Plus do not want you to have to turn a WRENCH on it!!  :thumbs:

Roy, Seriously. It's no priority at all. :lol: You've been more than helpful. And Aaron. :sit:

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spartan

Well you might as well pick it up at LS :lol: It's only T-minus 3 months now.

Colorado700R

I'm gonna set my charges on that bish and blow it to allah.