WARNING YOUR PM BOX MAY HAVE GOTTEN SPAMMED!!!!!!

Started by Mad Dog, February 07, 2010, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Dog

This message came to me via pm, it is spam and potentially harmful to your computer.  I suggest you delete the PM immediately and do not click on the link.

Quote from: ForumTeam on February 07, 2010, 12:21:56 PM
Dear, Mad Dog!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: hxxp://security-tool2010.net/Mad Dog
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.raptorsource.com.

disco

Hmm... nothing in my inbox at the moment but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.  Maybe admin took care of it already?

Thanks for the heads up.

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Spartan

AJ RAPTOR

I got that pm as well dont click the link just deleted it like most of the pms lol

now for the reall spam someone should really do something about Krandall and all his spam mail  :nod: :P
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

Colorado700R

Mad Dog

Ok, well perhaps I'm the only member they thought was stupid enough to fall for it...I figured if I got it then the spam had reached many other inboxes.

Lady4Fiddy

So far I haven't got anything but thanks for the heads up Mad Dog.   :thumbs:

Maybe someone is plotting against you?  ???
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

preddy08

Quote from: Mad Dog on February 07, 2010, 01:02:20 PM
This message came to me via pm, it is spam and potentially harmful to your computer.  I suggest you delete the PM immediately and do not click on the link.

Dear, Mad Dog!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: hxxp://security-tool2010.net/Mad Dog

I did'nt get that PM, but somehow I got that virus. Its kinda nasty, but nothing a system restore point wont take careof. Kinda weid that AVG did'nt pic it up.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Mad Dog

Quote from: Lady4Fiddy on February 07, 2010, 01:54:42 PM
Maybe someone is plotting against you?  ???

You have no idea, but I don't think this is how it will manifest itself.

vern burny

I got it, I just figured it was another inappropriate advance from the admins.
No means No Randy

LotusPosition

06 700r with mods

Diggs59

Quote from: preddy08 on February 07, 2010, 02:00:00 PM

Dear, Mad Dog!

I did'nt get that PM, but somehow I got that virus. Its kinda nasty, but nothing a system restore point wont take careof. Kinda weid that AVG did'nt pic it up.

Yep, don't have to download any other kind of removers to get rid of it. Preddy speaks the truth. I have Avast and it didn't pick it up either. I have Malwarbytes and Super Anti-Spyware as well and neither of them picked it up after running scans......Simple restore point is all that's needed though.

AJ RAPTOR

Quote from: Diggs59 on February 07, 2010, 03:59:24 PM

Dear, Mad Dog!

Yep, don't have to download any other kind of removers to get rid of it. Preddy speaks the truth. I have Avast and it didn't pick it up either. I have Malwarbytes and Super Anti-Spyware as well and neither of them picked it up after running scans......Simple restore point is all that's needed though.

just what is this thing doing to the pcs ?
04 Raptor 660
bored to 673cc
11:1 wiseco high compression piston
port and polished head
stage 2 uni airfilter
stage 2 dynojet intake kit
stock pipe guts removed
protaper atv highbend bars
kenda knarly tires
0 - +3 team firestick axle
powermadd handgards
alx and gytr skids and nerfs

theres 2 kinds of riders, thouse that ride up to there skill level and thouse who crash down to it.

Diggs59

Quote from: AJ RAPTOR on February 07, 2010, 04:06:47 PM
Quote from: Diggs59 on February 07, 2010, 03:59:24 PM

Dear, Mad Dog!

just what is this thing doing to the pcs ?

It's a rogue Trojan  that sets up "fake" security center on your P.C. and runs "fake" scans that say you're infected. It then asks you to update your p.c. and that's where it becomes a potentail bad infection that's capable of stealing passwords, credit card info etc etc.

Lady4Fiddy

So after my next scan should I open the results and go through it to find this rogue Trojan? And have it quarantined and removed?

I am just asking this question for others since I haven't got a pm like that. And of course in case it does happen to me.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D