Parts list

Started by Blair, February 03, 2010, 10:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

Ok guys im getting ready to do a PM overhaul on the rappy...

what parts would you guys use for this.

Chain (stock swinger)
Sprockets (14 and 15t front and rear)
brakes, front and rear pads and rotors.
carrier bearings (stock swinger)

looking for recommendations.

thanks guys
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Oilfield_Mafia

I run GYTR Sprockets and DID xring chains on mine. Stock brakes or EBC brakes in my opinion.. and I dunno about the carrier bearing.. Id just run Yamaha factory replacement.
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

wobble

Are all of these items failing on you?

Blair

no nothings failing, but the quad is an 06 so i think its time to do some PM, put some money in to it now and save my self some headaches
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

wobble

Ah. I was thinking wow! That's alot of stuff to fail at once! :lol:

Chain - I've used RK, EK, DID, and Renthall all with good results.
Sprockets - I like OEM the best.
brakes, front and rear pads and rotors. - Pads, I've tried Tusk, EBC and OEM with good results. I've never replaced the rotors as they don't seem to wear.
carrier bearings - OEM are expensive so I've been using Pivot Works with good results.

Bert

I use 15/36 gearing on my rappy & its a 3 mod with +2TB. I like not shifting as often and the torque is there so it works well I think....1st gear isn't as useless

on my 06 I  replaced the rear rotor with an 07 unit since its cross drilled. Rear pads seem to last longer.  From Rocky Mtn Atv the rotor was around $40. A bargain vs wave rotors at $100  my front discs seem fine yet & have replaced the pads once. 

Pivot works carrier bearins installed last year.

Its time for me to drop ALL the fluids and start fresh

I replaced my steering stem mount with a OMI greasable steering stem mount. No more squeaks !!!

How are your front wheel bearings?  Mine are still stock but i've noticed some play there as well as some play in my lower a arm bushings. Now I'm curious about my swing arm pivot bearings...  ???   

My clutch pull seems harder than it should be so I might spring for a new clutch cable if I can't get it lubed up

A kill switch is a cheap insurance policy if you fall off.... might stop the rappy from running into something one day.  :lol:

That's the stuff i've replaced and some of my future PM maintenance

Krandall

Pivot Works bearings here in the carrier. Mine were WAY due for replacing too.

I forget the first chain I used. but it was a cheap-o.. ended up going back to Dennis Kirk and buying a D.I.D.

love it.

like bert said, the rear rotor upgrade is nice too. Gets rid of some squeaky brakes a well as longer lasting pads.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Bert

Hows the Rappy treating you Blair?

Blair

Love the Rappy... but she has been parked since october... she will be coming out of storage soon so i can start tearing her down and get her ready to run for the year...

Krandall

damn, that's forever ago!  I was able to get the rappy out 2 times this winter.. Let me tell you... it sucks not having anyone to ride with :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

krandal... i know the feeling... try living 3 hours away from where your rappy is... and when you are on days off you have no one to ride with... and the guys you do ride with... are only able to go when your not around...

come may ill bring her up here and be able to ride every day after work if i want.

Blair

how long of a chain do i need to buy for a stock swinger???

wobble

Blair

ordered my parts off of RMATV should be here in a few days...