Ice racing / Ice riding. Post up pics and ideas

Started by SULLY0556, January 04, 2010, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SULLY0556

Pics from this weekend.  I figured I'd start a new thread instead of posting to the suspension thread.  :)

Sully
06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

06 700R with:
Big black tires, Lots of shiny metal stuff, some stinky oily stuff inside, AM/FM 8-track hi-fi system, Leopard skin seat cover, Fuzzy dice, curb feelers, a "soccer mom" license plate, and a "my other bike's a Bayou" bumper sticker.

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

Dales396LT4

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

SULLY0556

This is a vid from last year.  at the beginning you get a good view of a quad and a bike getting hooked after a corner. Jesse on the quad grabbed Jared on the bike and held on to him till they stop to keep him from falling in front of the bikes and getting run over....... :rofl:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54262577

We're not actually racing in this video, just cruising the track and weaving in and out of each other to get everyone on tape.  I'm in the yellow jacket, the cameras are mounted on bikes so the picture tilts quite a bit.  We'll do better this year!!!    :thumbs:
06 700R with:

Bert

Hey Sully
Your rear tires are 18's.... what are you running for gearing on ice?

SULLY0556

15/37.   I never use first gear and usually run the whole track in 3rd and 4th.
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

No pics this weekend but 2 days of great riding.  I discovered that all the packing is gone out of my exhaust and I had a little tire issue so I'll have some projects to keep my busy this week before riding again Saturday.  :thumbs:

We strapped on the GPS Saturday to see what kind of speeds we were getting on the road track, I was getting 63mph (never went above 4th gear) and the fastest dirt bike was 68 but I had him beat on lap times since I corner and accelerate better than he does.  They opened up the track more Sunday (I wasn't there) and added a longer straight section for better passing.  That will help me out a LOT since I can open up more and I still have trouble passing since I'm not NUTS like some of you guys.  :mad:

Sully
06 700R with:

Mad Dog

Sorry if I've missed you saying so before, but how big is your track? and how long are the straights?

Most of the tracks we practice on up here are around 3/8ths of a mile, some of the racing tracks are 3/8 but they get as big as 1 mile ovals.

SULLY0556

Right now we're .6 mile with the longest straight stretch about 100 yards but after this week we'll have it opened up to about 2-3 times that with a straight section about 250 yards long to stretch our legs.   It changes every year and when the ice gets too rutted up, we switch to another (bigger) lake and make a more open track there.
    No ovals,  Just road coarses.

Sully
06 700R with:

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

SULLY0556

06 700R with:

Milord

SULLY0556

SWEET!   I like the yellow!

Here's a few from last weekend
06 700R with: