Performance Ingnition (Dynajet or Dynatek)

Started by MORAPTOR700, November 25, 2009, 05:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORAPTOR700

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody  :nod: but I do have a question, thought all you folks could help me out. I know everybody will have there opinion on these but from your perspective witch is better and why: DynaJet or the Dynatek Programmable Ignition. I know the DynaJet is more expensive and kinda on a budget but is that much better. Thanks and please fire away.
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Ranger

Dynatek is better...the Dynojet one only allows 10 degrees of adjustment to your timing either way and has to be tuned on a dynojet...whereas the Dynatek allows for a lot more adjustment and can be tuned "on the fly".

Krandall

I have 0 experience with the DynoJet. But I believe it doesn't come with a map for it. (don't quote me)

But the dynatek has 4 prebuilt ones to use. And you can also send the ignition to people like TRF or DL700 and have custom curves put on even.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

fireman5166

call rocket factory and talk to jayson. last time I was there he had 2 used dynatek. thats the way to go and he will also put on a custom curve.  :thumbs:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: fireman5166 on November 25, 2009, 07:53:20 PM
call rocket factory and talk to jayson. last time I was there he had 2 used dynatek. thats the way to go and he will also put on a custom curve.  :thumbs:

I talked to Jason and ordered my parts from him and did talk to him about Dynatek and Dynajet. He told me to stay away from Dynatek because of all the problems with them. He only recommend to me if I wanted one was the dynajet. Thanks

Ranger

The dynatek does have problems but I would take that over a dynojet one...The latter is still not "refined" enough and is barely better than the stock ignition from what it looks like...I know that I will be getting a dynatek again (last one blew up...haha.) when I get my build tuned in more on the fuel side.

fireman5166

Quote from: MORAPTOR700 on November 25, 2009, 08:19:27 PM
Quote from: fireman5166 on November 25, 2009, 07:53:20 PM

I talked to Jason and ordered my parts from him and did talk to him about Dynatek and Dynajet. He told me to stay away from Dynatek because of all the problems with them. He only recommend to me if I wanted one was the dynajet. Thanks

wow he recommended dynajet.  I have the dynatek and I love it. no problems and I have been running it for a year. I guess the other one will work but I think the dynatek is better.
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
38,40, rear sprockets

fireman5166

I was looking at your mods. U will have more than me and I put down 63 hp. I would go with the dynatek and u will blow by me.  :nod:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
38,40, rear sprockets

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: fireman5166 on November 26, 2009, 04:36:30 PM
I was looking at your mods. U will have more than me and I put down 63 hp. I would go with the dynatek and u will blow by me.  :nod:

That was my goal to get over 60 that sounds good to me.  :nod:  I see you have a evac valve, had a guy recommend one and I'm wondering what do they do? Thanks

fireman5166

there is a topic about the evac valve on here but I couldn't find it. my buddy had all the same mods but he don't have the valve and i beat him every time. its close but I weigh more and still get him. so the only thing I can think is its working for me.  :lol:
07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
38,40, rear sprockets

cowtownup

I just intalled the dynojet ignition on my bike and have not tried it out yet...  Does anyone know if the zero map on the dynojet is the same as the stock ignition curve?
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

tonyrt44

Quote from: cowtownup on November 27, 2009, 01:36:49 PM
I just intalled the dynojet ignition on my bike and have not tried it out yet...  Does anyone know if the zero map on the dynojet is the same as the stock ignition curve?

yes it is the same as stock
Ranking:   ???

Spider/Paleface513

-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Krandall

I'm just hoping someone else comes out w/ an ignition that's more easy? I don't know if it's possible, but one that the end user can play with. Similar to the PCIII

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once