Any truck tire/trailer puller experts out there?

Started by Headrope, June 11, 2008, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

Quote from: 1FST690 on June 13, 2008, 05:20:54 PM
If the hotshotters are under 26,000 GCWR they do not need a CDL. I they are 26,001 or higher GCWR they absolutly need a CDL and hav to abide by a different set of rules. But just having a CDL does not mean they follow the rules, there is a lot of routes around a scale station.

I see what you're saying but GCWR for my truck (1999 F350 PSD SRW) is 20,000 lbs, SRW or DRW.  I've seen trucks like mine pulling more than that.  I guess those guys are just chancing it.  I see them mostly in town so like you said, they can avoid the scales.

Quote from: Headrope on June 13, 2008, 05:13:03 PM
I have done quite a bit of research on this since creating the post and my understanding is that the main difference between D and E series tires is the sidewall. E-series are stronger sidewalled (look: a new word) than D-series, which is why they can hold more air pressure. And because of the stronger sidewall, and more air pressure, they are supposedly less likely to roll over the bead.

I would have to assume that higher air pressure in your tires means less heat generated and less rolling resistance too.  The more the sidewall flexes going down the road, the hotter the tire will get. 
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury