still no motor or answer from KDS Racing

Started by insaneraptor700, November 21, 2009, 12:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

insaneraptor700

i sent my motor to kenny end of march and i still havent received it and hes not answering his phone. That is over 8 months and i still dont have a motor. When i had it done by Racers Edge within a month of me sending it i had it back. This is bullsh**. If any1 gets in contact with kenny please have him call me Jeff because at this point i dont have any other clue what to do. Thanks for any help.

Colorado700R

Kenny

Well it looks like a good time to come back..... I do have insaneraptors cylinder head. There were some issues that have been dealt with, and if he wants to go into it he can. The reason I pulled off all the forums was to get some product designed, built and on the shelf. I had not intended to get back on the forums this soon. I wanted to have it all on the shelf. Some guys over on 411 kept harassing me until I finally made some posts..... Well that always turns (for me) into days of time bullshitting and not getting anything done.

There are some changes going on here as far as having people to help keep up with shipping and generally getting things done. I have one basic skill, and that is designing forward thinking parts and applying them like others don't think to do. Being a one man show presents a particular problem in this instance, because I have a problem underestimating what a product will do. I initially thought I would sell a half dozen bored TB's in a year. It ended up being almost 300 just for the Raptor...... I wanted to sell 10 Evac valves, which went immediately to 30, and ended up being over 100 within a week or so. No excuses.... I got behind for a few reasons, so I pulled off the internet to get things done.

I have not sold any parts on any other forums except for what I had done, and anyone wanting custom work has gotten a clear explanation about the amount of time it would take. I have since applied the same engine building principals to the Rhino. There has been much time put into the new product line, and I am making sure to have suppliers lined up that can keep up with demand.
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

PnoT

Quote from: insaneraptor700 on November 21, 2009, 12:47:27 AM
i sent my motor to kenny end of march and i still havent received it and hes not answering his phone. That is over 8 months and i still dont have a motor. When i had it done by Racers Edge within a month of me sending it i had it back. This is bullsh**. If any1 gets in contact with kenny please have him call me Jeff because at this point i dont have any other clue what to do. Thanks for any help.

My brother sent his engine to Kenny 5 months ago and still no firm ETA on when it's going to be shipped back.  It's completely killed my brothers riding season so far and he's so distressed about the situation he's not sure what to do at this point.

I've wanted to post on the various forums about his ordeal but he's asked me to hold off for a little longer.  All i know is that his engine better be faster than sh*t and tweaked to hell and back for waiting this long. 

Texas700

why dont he just call him? I talked to Kenny Friday and did not have a problem getting hold of him.
2006 Raptor 734 12:5to1 piston, hot cam stage III, RF port work, ARP head studs, Kenny +2 TB Bore, I Shock +2 a arms, TCS zero preload shocks, Fasst Flex bars, OMF beadlocks, kenda klaw xcr tires, DR D reverse lever, one industry graphics, Rock nerf bars. FCI Intake, dynatek ignition.

Kenny

Quote from: PnoT on December 06, 2009, 04:09:45 AM
Quote from: insaneraptor700 on November 21, 2009, 12:47:27 AM

My brother sent his engine to Kenny 5 months ago and still no firm ETA on when it's going to be shipped back.  It's completely killed my brothers riding season so far and he's so distressed about the situation he's not sure what to do at this point.

I've wanted to post on the various forums about his ordeal but he's asked me to hold off for a little longer.  All i know is that his engine better be faster than sh*t and tweaked to hell and back for waiting this long. 
Well here we go again. I talked to your brother last night. But I guess you already know that. Okay, so we have an engine that was waiting for a Hotrods +5 crank that was on recall. Thanks to Kevin at Joker's Vault, we have a crank that is the new and improved version. We discussed the crank several times during this time and talked about upgrading to a Barker that costs $300 more. No go. He did not have the funds to do the upgrade and was adamant about having the stroker. Early on there were suggestions that I need to pony up the difference. Next up on this supposed fresh engine was a damaged cylinder, which I had to find a good deal on. This was due to garbage left during the assembly the last time this engine had a crank put in it. Next in line? Some sort of miscomunnication about how much labor would be involved, so I just let it go and took the hit..... no labor charge. At this point there is no money to be put into this engine so we are trying to keep the budget down and replace only the necessary parts as we go. Turns out we have a bad crank bearing on the previous "new" crank, and some oil starvation damage..... So we have a bad clutch as well. Now somehow I am on the hook for a clutch and various bearings because he is broke? During the whole deal, I have been upgrading to the latest parts as they become available because....... Well f-ck, I'm not real sure why. I have been apologetic to many people taking the punches, while others jump on the pile that don't know me or anything about these situations. No trash talk, no fighting back and sharing of anyone's personal situations. Just letting it go, choosing not to waste the energy on anything other than getting these situations rectified has not worked. This one in particular is starting to feel like a shakedown. 
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan: