whats a good slip on

Started by skinindustries, November 18, 2009, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinindustries

what is a good slip on for the raptor 700. i will be running the stock header pipe. i seen this pipe on ebay let me know if its worth the money or not. also any input would be awesome i ride alot of trails in the woods so i need a spark arrestor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300303741992&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=43978

Ranger

Get a GYTR slip on or look for a full single...Really, there is no point is getting a slip on cause there is not very much air flow difference between that and stock with a sparky removal...the headpipe is your limiter here....A good single can be had for that much, I know Jessie (membername also) has a full FMF exhaust for sale too, you should hit him up.

09RappySE

None...get a full system and be done with it, slip ons do very little other than sound better.
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq

Krandall

I would look @ the Pheonix Spark Arrestor. Adding that tip alone is the same as adding a slipon pipe and you save yourself $75+ in cash. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on November 24, 2009, 08:48:26 AM
I would look @ the Pheonix Spark Arrestor. Adding that tip alone is the same as adding a slipon pipe and you save yourself $75+ in cash. :thumbs:

save more than that. The HMF slip on would be my choice if I wanted one. But it is over $200. the spark arrestor is only $40, and a mild pain in the A$$ getting the stock one out of the pipe.

We need to make a how to thread on pulling that baby. Ranger, you're up. :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Shawnz

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on November 24, 2009, 09:15:53 AM

save more than that. The HMF slip on would be my choice if I wanted one. But it is over $200. the spark arrestor is only $40, and a mild pain in the A$$ getting the stock one out of the pipe.

We need to make a how to thread on pulling that baby. Ranger, you're up. :thumbs:
Go to Autozone, get slide hammer and 2-jaw pilot bearing puller.

Remove screw from below...

stick 2 jaw puller in the stock spark arrestor, lock in place.   thread on the slide hammer.    2-3 whacks and it's out and in tact.

done.
2007 Raptor GYTR

Peelz

Quote from: Shawnz on November 24, 2009, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on November 24, 2009, 09:15:53 AM

Go to Autozone, get slide hammer and 2-jaw pilot bearing puller.

Remove screw from below...

stick 2 jaw puller in the stock spark arrestor, lock in place.   thread on the slide hammer.    2-3 whacks and it's out and in tact.

done.

right on. I know, but others may not.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Ranger

I used a slide hammer with a locking vice grip attachment....after pulling on the SOB for 2-3 days...even tried using my truck but I guess 6,000 lbs vs 400 doesn't really work very well for traction.

Krandall

I think it all depends on how long it's been in there. Mine was only in for maybe 3 months and I pulled it out. Took out the bolt on the bottom and came out w/ a regular pair of pliers.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on November 25, 2009, 09:00:16 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on November 25, 2009, 08:56:47 AM
I shat myself pulling mine out :(

must be my super human strength

or there is no strength left in his sphincter. stretch first buddy :lol:

Krandall

Erich helped him stretch...

wrong place I guess..
:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

devious700rSE

dont waste your time curtis sparks all the way
07 Rappy 700rSE intake and sparks racing exhaust

Headrope

Crown is by far the best slip on.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips