Finally got the Bi@atch back together...couple of pics inside.

Started by r00st, November 17, 2009, 12:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r00st

Well...after building the motor only to be dissapointed with the power (felt like I gained about 3hp over big 3 when going to +1valved Stage II head, 11:1 piston & RJ cam over the big 3) and dynoing 55/45 I knew It needed to be torn apart.

I dropped in a TQS Tech 11.5 (Thanks DL700!!!) and sent the head to Kenny @ KDS To have it re-worked. It sat in pieces for over 4 months waiting for the head/parts and myself to get some free time.

I put her together saturday, fired it sunday and she purred! I gave her a pretty aggressive break in (drag racing lol). I am so happy to say this is how it should have felt the FIRST time around! I would say im up a solid 10hp and probably close to 5 ft/lbs, but I will re-dyno eventually to see and clean up the A/F. She now pulls wheelies in 4th (if I can get traction that is!). Before (first time I rebuilt the motor with inferior parts..) I was about 3-4 bike lengths ahead of my buddies 540 LTR and would have to try to get her up in 3rd... Now i am easily 10+  lengths on him by middle of 5th gear (I have to shut down). If We could run longer im sure I would make the gap widen even more.

Anyway here are a few pics of her all buttoned back up. Sorry all the pics are from just one side... I am putting Monster cans on the shock rezzies and did not get to the left side (and the left side shock cover is off so it looks weird...)

Thanks to ALL who helped me get this thing going! Whether it was vendors, forum members helping with parts or the vast number of people who answered my annoying repetitive questions! Huge props to Alkire for hooking me up with the decomp assmebly  :thumbs:

For once I am happy with how it looks/runs so I plan to keep this setup for quite some time. If somebody wants to rip it apart for me and PC the frame/swinger gloss black while im sleeping tonight that would be much appreciated ;)

-Mike
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Alkire193

dabigbratj

looks great man glad i could help last winter with everything let me know when you get it dynoed again
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Krandall

It's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Looks great man!!! ;)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

r00st

Thanks guys :)

Ya Jake couldnt have done it without you!

Now trade me your chevy for my rappy?
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

dabigbratj

Quote from: r00st on November 19, 2009, 09:52:50 PM
Thanks guys :)

Ya Jake couldnt have done it without you!

Now trade me your chevy for my rappy?
:confused:
10k and the rappy

Peelz

Beauty! Wrong color 07 se, but still cool.  :lol:

JK man, looks killer.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

dabigbratj

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

tuffguy

I thought the +1 valves was only available on the stage 1 head?

r00st

Well I dont want to get into it....BUT the head was re-worked (and hogged out) so its essentially a +1 valved big and nasty port from Kenny.

Thanks to this site for the VIP prize and Thanks to Kenny for his generosity in fixing problems! The way it is now it runs unbelievably quick... Faster than my 73hp DS730! Granted that thing weighed 500 lbs...but this thing has got to be pushing 65 +/- HP. Will find out once I get it on the dyno (one of these days!)

Peels...If I had to pick one other color combo it would be the SEII. But I dont know if I want to join your group, a little too much man love  :nod:
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

Peelz

Quote from: r00st on November 25, 2009, 09:02:01 PM
Well I dont want to get into it....BUT the head was re-worked (and hogged out) so its essentially a +1 valved big and nasty port from Kenny.

Thanks to this site for the VIP prize and Thanks to Kenny for his generosity in fixing problems! The way it is now it runs unbelievably quick... Faster than my 73hp DS730! Granted that thing weighed 500 lbs...but this thing has got to be pushing 65 +/- HP. Will find out once I get it on the dyno (one of these days!)

Peels...If I had to pick one other color combo it would be the SEII. But I dont know if I want to join your group, a little too much man love  :nod:

too much man love?

not possible. :lol: black orangbe is my second favorite.  ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"