Enjoyable family riding time

Started by MORAPTOR700, November 08, 2009, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORAPTOR700

What a Saturday. Took the whole family over to the local State Park riding (St. Joe). We had a blast. My 5 yr old did really well the first time out to a park. She got stuck a few times in the loose sand but hey she have a blast. My oldest daughter (14) got a motorcycle and she did really well also but slow. Momma was on a 250 sx and it was her first time on a riding trip and she really liked it. She even mentioned about going out again this week one day just me and her. Of course my wild child Mia (11) on her raptor 250 was ripping things when she could. It was a slow day of riding but we all had a great time, finally found something we all enjoy.  :clap:
They were doing some drag racing alot of banshee and we watched them some and the kids and wife thought that was cool. The most interesting thing I saw was a Can-Am Outlander 800 there with NOS on it. It has 71hp from the factory and not sure of the shut but that thing was wicked fast. They had stop racing so my 5yr wanted to try it so us as a family lined up, kids had fun doing that a few times. After we stoped some faster bikes more my size started coming and wife said you get out there so I did, raced a banshee,400ex,250x a few times and I did beat them all and the banshee but it wasn't by much he kept on looking at me when i would pass him and turn around like what the hell has he got. I was hoping he would ask so I could tell him all stock. I pointed out to the wife there is the Barker duals I want for mine and she said when are you going to get them :thumbs: and I did say that I would wait awhile to see if anybody runs a Big 3 special this winter. She doesn't know yet that I have a 11:5.1 TQS Tech piston and stage 3 coming. :nod:
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Headrope

Awesome story.  But be careful. Those "finally something the whole family can enjoy" moments can become costly. :lol:

My wife was anti-motorcycle (motor-anything really) until we rode quads on a nose-to-tail trail ride in Hawaii. We started with 5.9 liter Dodge 2500, an 06 700SE and a utility trailer. We now have two '06 700SEs for us, a Grizzly 125 for our son, a toyhauler and a diesel to pull it all with (plus all the associated riding gear, tools etc.) - and it's worth every damn penny. :thumbs:
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Firemann32

Sweet action Tony, glad you got out with the whole family. :)

Krandall

That's so awesome!!!!

Right now we're shopping for a dirt bike for the wife!! She's a 2 wheeled guru @ heart. I can't wait to have family ATV trips! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome story man, thanks for sharing!!! You'll have to snap a pic next time your kids are out on the strip! :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

yeah buddy!  I took my wife for her first real atv ride at Bluff creek here in Iowa. Great place to ride. ANd she loved it. My kids aren't quite there yet. But soon.  What is that St Jo. place like? I believe it is only a few hours from me. Main rule I am wondering. Can my wife haul our 3 year old around on her Prairie? If so, we will be there soon.

Oh, how big is it?

THanks, Eric.

Separate Topic:

Krandall, Mapquest Oskaloosa, Iowa from your place just for fun. Best riding park I have been to (day ride) so far.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

MORAPTOR700

2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Lady4Fiddy

That's Awesome Tony! Always good when the whole family can enjoy the same activity. And yes we need to see some pics of the family next outing you have!

Take Care!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz

Quote from: MORAPTOR700 on November 10, 2009, 10:36:33 AM
http://www.mostateparks.com/stjoe/trails.htm

Here you go Peels you can look around on here and the rules.

thanks mano.  We will look into it. But...no passengers, so we will see.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

I Really enjoy taking Nikki and the kids out riding.  It makes me feel like I'm doing more as a Dad for my kids than just planting them infront of the TV.  Hopefully they learn how to have fun outdoors in whatever sport they choose, and not live vicariously through a television personality.

Aaron

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on November 10, 2009, 10:44:09 AM
I Really enjoy taking Nikki and the kids out riding.  It makes me feel like I'm doing more as a Dad for my kids than just planting them infront of the TV.  Hopefully they learn how to have fun outdoors in whatever sport they choose, and not live vicariously through a television personality.

Aaron

Ditto! Down to the name Nikki. (my wife's nickname) :lol: Damn nice post. Photobucket is kaka right now so no luck posting my photo.

dabigbratj

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on November 10, 2009, 10:41:54 AM

take me insted you can ride the prarie

Peelz

Quote from: dabigbratj on November 10, 2009, 11:19:00 AM

let me think about that one....

No! :lol:

dabigbratj

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on November 10, 2009, 11:25:58 AM
Quote from: dabigbratj on November 10, 2009, 11:19:00 AM

let me think about that one....

No! :lol:

shut it gramps your just losing your mind ::) your riding the prarie

NaturalRaptor

Amesome Tony! And happy modding...    :clap:
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.