Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Update $75 for BiXenon Any size/color SUPER SLIM Digital XENON HID $45 shipped  (Read 20430 times)

Offline red250

• Street Cred: 0
    • Email
I'd like a set of the 6000k, have a set on my streetbike and love em, especially for the price.

Hey gunz, do you live in okc?  I saw your pic on the raptor rally tshirt thread and I know you from somewhere, just can't think of where.  I live in moore.

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
I live in Mustang, but I grew up in Moore. Man I get around it's highly possible you know from somewhere. I've got friends eeeeverywhere.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline red250

• Email
Money sent for 2.

I'm gonna have to try get together with you guys on some rides.  I picked up a wrecked 07se, couple months ago and fixed it up, now my problem is I don't know anyone who rides quads around here.  Few buddies that ride dirtbikes, but that's it.  No fun going by yourself, and i've had to shy away from the streetbike a bit because I couldn't quit getting tickets.

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
We're going to lake Murray Sunday if your up for it. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline desert69dog

A few quick questions.
Aren't the 5000(OEM) lights brighter then the 6000(Diamond)? Or is there a contrast difference that makes the 6K work better?
Are these DOT approved?

Offline TattedDad

Mine showed up in the mail today.  :clap: Have to wait until the weekend to install them.  :(  Thanks for a great GB.

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
Anytime bro. :thumbs:

As far as the 5000k vs 6000k, it depends on the brand I'm guessing. The last group buy we did the 6000k was claimed to be the OEM. I ordered the 5000k as well for everything this time around. I ordered 6000k last time around and wasn't disappointed a bit. I have seen pics of 3 different brands side by side on 3 raptors and they all claimed to be 6000k's, but two of them had a real slight slight blue tint to them and the other was a bright white. So I don't know. I personally would recommend either one 5000k or 6000k, but I wouldn't recommend any other color for night riding.

Michael

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Sleepy3103

• Email
Re: Update $75 for BiXenon Any size/color SUPER SLIM Digital XENON HID $45 shipp
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2009, 08:46:47 AM »
The relay harness is used if your stock wiring cannot power your HIDs properly and they flicker when the bike isn't running or at idle. It is also used when you have a car or motorcycle with daytime running lamps. DRLs don't run at full power and the HIDs will flicker or not come on. It is recommended for ATVs and motorcycles to use a relay harness with a fuse in line.

The relay harness is used to run your HIDs directly off your battery, the actual relay is like a remote swith that is triggered by your headlight switch to let power from your battery through to the HID ballasts, witch will turn on your HIDs. I'm doing mine this weekend with the relay just to be safe, if you guys want some pics and a "how to" let me know. I can post it here or somewhere else if the moderators want me to.

Offline Sleepy3103

• Email
Re: Update $75 for BiXenon Any size/color SUPER SLIM Digital XENON HID $45 shipp
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »

Here is a diagram shawnz had posted over on modded raptor, pretty simple.
If you guys need it I'll still do a detailed step by step, just let me know.
Happy Modding.

Offline gofast68

« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »
The relay harness is used if your stock wiring cannot power your HIDs properly and they flicker when the bike isn't running or at idle. It is also used when you have a car or motorcycle with daytime running lamps. DRLs don't run at full power and the HIDs will flicker or not come on. It is recommended for ATVs and motorcycles to use a relay harness with a fuse in line.

The relay harness is used to run your HIDs directly off your battery, the actual relay is like a remote swith that is triggered by your headlight switch to let power from your battery through to the HID ballasts, witch will turn on your HIDs. I'm doing mine this weekend with the relay just to be safe, if you guys want some pics and a "how to" let me know. I can post it here or somewhere else if the moderators want me to.

How many of you are running your HID's without a relay with no problems so far? I'm having a problem getting them both to turn on at the same time and will be installing the relay tonight. Am I just one of the 'lucky' ones or did I just miss the boat and should have installed the relay from the start?

Offline Jessie

• Email
mine dont work without a relay either they both just flicker

Offline Sleepy3103

• Email
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2009, 03:49:22 PM »
All I know is everywhere you can get HID kits recommends a relay setup for atvs and motorcycles. If you don't have good even current going to the ballasts they won't work right. Might as well be safe and just put one in when you install them, it's not that hard.

Offline gofast68

mine dont work without a relay either they both just flicker

That's what I was lookin' for. Thanks.

Offline gr8ride4u2luv

• VIP
    • Email
PM ME PLEASE FOR INFO!
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Ranger

Here's a better way to mount your HID slim ballasts...Had my plastics off to take out some wiring from my Vapor and decided to fix my ballasts based on what I've seen some members do...I managed to mount mine inside of the frame on the upper radiator supports. Used zip ties of course :lol: but they work great and are a lot easier than trying to fish nuts and washers on a bolt. And always make sure you check your clearance to the FAN on the radiator, that's why I used a long zip tie (the white ones) to pull all the excess length of wire as far away from the fan as possible.