Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Update $75 for BiXenon Any size/color SUPER SLIM Digital XENON HID $45 shipped  (Read 20442 times)

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
Re: Update $75 for BiXenon Any size/color SUPER SLIM Digital XENON HID $45 shipp
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2009, 02:37:53 PM »
Hey do we know what kind of lumens these are putting out? Also anyone know where to get some projectors that will fit in a raptor light housing?

A stock bulb puts about around 700 lumens, the 6000k HID kit puts out 1700 lumens. An average car headlight puts out between 900-1000. I don't have any idea where to find a projector kit for our bikes except overseas and the kit is around $1000.00. I'll see if I can find them again.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Dorito

• Street Cred: 2
    • Email
I got my hids today but i cant put them in until winter break this blows

Offline quiksilverz71

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 1
    • Email
Are these any better then the ones from the last GB besides a great price? I think I might pick up a set for the wifes quad
09 Raptor 700 (Blue)
Flexx Bars/ODI Grips/AVS Levers/Quad Tech Seat
PC5/Pro Design/Barker Duals
Hiper Tech 3/ITP GNCC Tires
Pro Amor Skids/Precision Stabilizer/HIDS

06 Raptor 700 (Gray)
PC3, Pro Design Intake, ODI Grips
07 GYTR Front Shocks,AVS Levers
Pro Armor Skids/Precision Stabilizer

Ranger

I would say honestly if you have the older ones and have them mounted as you like them, keep them...The new ones are slimmer yes but they have a big capacitor box on one of the lines going to the bulbs and it is annoying to have to tie them up too so I can't spool up the wires...They work just as well, I have both sets here and currently have the new ballasts mounted but I wouldn't hesitate to keep running the old ones.

For your wife's quad yes they are a good buy for sure, just takes a little more imagination where to put stuff at, as you see in my pics.

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
Are these any better then the ones from the last GB besides a great price? I think I might pick up a set for the wifes quad

Not necessarily any better, just a smaller design, for a more compact fit. Let me know if you need a set. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
I'm interested in some bi-xenon's for my 97 Taurus wagon dune-hopper.  I'll have to check to make sure which bulbs they are, but I believe they're either 9006 or 9007. 

I'll get back to ya on that one...

Gunz, did you get Krazy the info?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
Yeah :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline nikita

• Mad Russian
  • Street Cred: 0
    • Email
Re: Update $75 for BiXenon Any size/color SUPER SLIM Digital XENON HID $45 shipp
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »
oh ye!! great deal man :thumbs:i'll write u a pm soon...

Offline TattedDad

I would like a set for an 08 700.  H6M bulb 6000K.  Great deal!!

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
PM your way and thanks for joining the site.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline jonny_b

What is the dif between the reg and bi xenon? I want a set for my 08 700. I assume the white would be the brightest but you know what assume did. Lol

Ranger

Bi xenon means it has a high/low setting so for vehicles with dual filament bulbs (the same bulb with 2 filaments, 1 for high beam and 1 for low beam modes)...The "normal" xenon bulbs only have 1 element so high or low beam it is the same light output.

Offline TattedDad

One question...I remember reading about some of the HID kits needing some kind of relay so the worked right or didn't flicker when the quad is at idle.  Does anyone have any info about this, or if someone else has heard of this, could you please explain this to me?  Just trying to make sure I have everything I need when these show up.  Thanks

Offline Sleepy3103

• Email
can someone that has made one put some info up abaout the relay harness for the raptor? I was thimking about making one just to be safe, but I cant think of the best way to wire it up.

Offline Gunz

• SiteAdmin
    • Dent Source
One question...I remember reading about some of the HID kits needing some kind of relay so the worked right or didn't flicker when the quad is at idle.  Does anyone have any info about this, or if someone else has heard of this, could you please explain this to me?  Just trying to make sure I have everything I need when these show up.  Thanks

It's not a very common problem and it usually related to a low voltage battery. Contact the seller via the email I sent you and ask him for a relay. Out of the 100ish or so that we have sold on our Group Buys, I only know of one needing a relay and that was on the old design. If I understand it right, it's a jumper from the green wire to the green wire from the right side to the left side.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar