Crankcase evacuation valve

Started by Colorado700R, June 09, 2008, 11:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desdak4

I just figured dirt and any valve do not mix. So, I found this little stainless mesh breather filter to put on the end.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Krandall

question...

Is there a reason to have both the timing cover one AND the crank case?

And could you PM me a price... ;)
-Randy

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

desdak4

I was told you just run either one. If you have the cover you have to block off the breather hose.

Jay
'07 Raptor 700 SE / Monster Duals / PC III / FUEL ATV Intake / AC Pro Pegs / Pro Armor Bumper / Pro Armor Grab Bar / G-Force Spacers / G-Force Hubs / 36 Tooth / T-9 BAJAs w/GNCCs / Flexx Bars / Dr. D Reverse Lever / Full Skids / Pro Armor Kill / Kennys CrankCase Valve and more to come I am sure

Colorado700R

Kenny, did my valve get shipped?

Aaron

Kenny

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

desdak4

I wanted to let everyone who didn't think of it, to make sure and look in your breather line before installing your valve. I looked in mine and it actually had sand in it so I took it off and blew it out with the compressor.

Jay

Bert

Quote from: desdak4 on June 24, 2008, 07:13:18 PM
I wanted to let everyone who didn't think of it, to make sure and look in your breather line before installing your valve. I looked in mine and it actually had sand in it so I took it off and blew it out with the compressor.

Jay

So Jay that was with airbox, no lid & breather line hooked up to airbox?
I'll take a look in mine.......

desdak4

Yeah, the breather was hooked up completely stock with no lid and there was sand in the line.

Jay

Bosco

Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on June 17, 2008, 11:19:06 AM
word for word in what it does it's just not routed back into the air intake for emission reasons....

....exactly!!...better sealing...maybe? But will it make so much negative pressure that it will start too pull in pollutant's through the seals or maybe a leaky gasket....Seems like snake oil to ME!!... 

Kenny

Quote from: Bosco on June 26, 2008, 03:41:22 AM
Quote from: ThisGuyAlex on June 17, 2008, 11:19:06 AM
word for word in what it does it's just not routed back into the air intake for emission reasons....

....exactly!!...better sealing...maybe? But will it make so much negative pressure that it will start too pull in pollutant's through the seals or maybe a leaky gasket....Seems like snake oil to ME!!... 
Cool....I'll take 4hp worth of snake oil please. One thing you can count on: If I sell it, it works.....Period. It's the way I run my business. This is a design theory that has proven itself in every form of racing, I just happened to get a valve that does the job without a pump. If your seals are so leaky that pollutants will come back through, this valve should be the last of your worries. I'll post dyno numbers as soon as Photobucket comes back up, 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Kenny

Here it is on a fresh build, where the rings had not seated yet. As the rings seat, the power curve will smooth out. :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

My question is.. (Even though I already have one on the way.. :P )

I'm assuming that graph was from the same Bike. How come the curve on it is smooth stock, but when you put the valve in, it's choppy?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

Quote from: Krandall on June 26, 2008, 07:31:29 AM

I'm assuming that graph was from the same Bike. How come the curve on it is smooth stock, but when you put the valve in, it's choppy?
The rings haven't seated yet. It will smooth out as they seal :grin_nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

Quote from: Kenny on June 26, 2008, 08:30:33 AM
Quote from: Krandall on June 26, 2008, 07:31:29 AM

The rings haven't seated yet. It will smooth out as they seal :grin_nod:

I get that. But how come it's not choppy when the Valve is not installed? ???

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Kenny

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154