Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Sick of my bent Handlebars...  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Sick of my bent Handlebars...
« on: June 08, 2008, 10:25:10 PM »
Need Handlebars. Stock or other, need to be stock dimensions.......and cheap. I found out my brother in law bought me a set grips that have Yamaha logo on them. I don't want to be a jerk and tell him on my birthday to send them back.  :P I don't feel like wasting the time taking them off my crappy ones, either . Need rear wheel spacers too, anyone got a set they want gone? Thanks -Eric
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Sick of my bent Handlebars...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
best place to get em'?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Flynbyu

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 23
  • I'm all out of quotes, take off hoser
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
Need Handlebars. Stock or other, need to be stock dimensions.......and cheap. I found out my brother in law bought me a set grips that have Yamaha logo on them. I don't want to be a jerk and tell him on my birthday to send them back.  :P I don't feel like wasting the time taking them off my crappy ones, either . Need rear wheel spacers too, anyone got a set they want gone? Thanks -Eric

Want a bent rim to match your bent bars?

See Raptorkid.

:lol:

I would do a set of Pro Tapers. If you bend them, they will replace them!

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
best place to get em'?

I have some stock 700 bars, I don't think they're bent, but not sure.  If they are, it's not by much.  Let me know if you want them.

Aaron

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »

See Raptorkid.

~Brian

:rofl: I don't really notice while riding, just been seeing pictures-lookin rough. With new handgrips coming, think it is time.

best place to get em'?

I have some stock 700 bars, I don't think they're bent, but not sure.  If they are, it's not by much.  Let me know if you want them.

Aaron

I would consider them. But honestly, your second sentence makes me a smidge nervous. :rofl: I think I'll look around a bit, I have plenty of time, but will keep it in mind .Thanks for the offer. -Eric

Offline Colorado700R

• Always the big spoon!
  • Admin Pimp
  • Street Cred: 50
  • Carpe Cerevisi!!! (Sieze the beer!!)
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »

See Raptorkid.

~Brian

:rofl: I don't really notice while riding, just been seeing pictures-lookin rough. With new handgrips coming, think it is time.

best place to get em'?

Aaron

I would consider them. But honestly, your second sentence makes me a smidge nervous. :rofl: I think I'll look around a bit, I have plenty of time, but will keep it in mind .Thanks for the offer. -Eric

:lol:  I understand, they're yours if you want them.  I thought they might've been bent, but when I took them off they looked fine  ???  I think my stem is tweaked a bit.

Aaron

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »
I might have a set of stock YFZ bars. I dont remember if I threw them out or not... ???

Offline Headrope

• Street Cred: 2
  • All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »
You do realize that brand new, stock handlebars for a Raptor 700 only cost about $30, right?

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

1         SKU: 1S3-26111-00-00
HANDLEBAR    1    $28.95    Add to Cart

Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
You do realize that brand new, stock handlebars for a Raptor 700 only cost about $30, right?

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

nope didn't, thanks

Offline Headrope

• Street Cred: 2
  • All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
No prob.
I'm the type that likes OEM parts - durable and affordable. And the best part: if they fail you can always call Yamaha about them.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Offline ThisGuyAlex

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
just got rid of a set of renthals, if you posted a week earlier i woulda gave em to you for shipping...i ended up giving away to a local guy
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »
just got rid of a set of renthals, if you posted a week earlier i woulda gave em to you for shipping...i ended up giving away to a local guy

:P shit happens

Offline kyledvor61

• Mini Mini Ho
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 17
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 01:59:55 PM »
I realized I threw out the YFZ bars. sorry.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »
ok, so still researching..If I don't go stock, what material is better, aluminum for the flex, or steel for the rigidity. I suppose if I crash alot, I want steel? Not sure. Anymore input is helpful. Leaning towards protaper, or fly (can't remember the name". Flexx bars are not in the budget.
My wife called the stealership today to try to surprise, and even she could smell a foul deal. $30 mark up on protaper.
Also what do I do with the key and idiot lights if there is a crossbar?. That makes me think "go with OEM"
Links to those dash mods would be marvelous.-Eric

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 01:11:38 PM »
bumpity bumpity... :D

I think I'll go with aluminum. And get it anodized blue. Might look cool with the new opaque blue gel grips my sis bought me for my b-day.

anyone got a horror story for aluminum? thanks again for all replies and future replies.-Eric