Best way to lower your quad for drag racing. Struts or lowering kit??

Started by Raginraptor, October 05, 2009, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raginraptor

Hey guys im looking for some opinions on lowering my rappy. I am going to continue riding in trails but ocassionally take it to the drag strip. Would it be better to make struts for it or buy a lowering kit?? I've also read somewhere that if you flip the rear link that it will lower the rear??  ???
My New Build:
Barker duals, PcV, Dynatek prog. W/Dl700 custom curve,+2 Valve Megalodon head by Bo (velociraptor), Hdd5050 cam, KW Valve Springs,105mm 12.1 Cp piston,  Wk 54mm Tb Kit

Peelz

just go make some struts out of square tubing.

:thumbs:

cheap, and it works.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Raginraptor

Thats what I was thinking but how hard is it to change out the shocks when I want to hit the trails?? What length should the struts be for drag racing?
My New Build:
Barker duals, PcV, Dynatek prog. W/Dl700 custom curve,+2 Valve Megalodon head by Bo (velociraptor), Hdd5050 cam, KW Valve Springs,105mm 12.1 Cp piston,  Wk 54mm Tb Kit

Peelz

easy as pie.

not sure about the length.

get a jack, pull the shocks. Jack it up to where you want it, then measure eye to eye on shock mounts. then go buy the tubing and drill holes.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Raginraptor

Thanks for the info i'm going to buy the square tubing today and mount them up tomorrow :thumbs: Ive got an 1/8 mile grudge run thursday and I need to be able to launch as hard as possible 8)
My New Build:

Peelz

Raginraptor

My New Build:

DL700

a good length for the front is 13 in. eye to eye.....

the rear will change depending on arm length and shock
CUERVO RACING

Raginraptor

Thanks DL. I have a stock swingarm on it so im not sure if im doing struts all the way around or buy an adjustable link to go as low as I need on the rear ???
My New Build:

DL700

CUERVO RACING

Raginraptor

My New Build:

Spider/Paleface513

Quote from: DL700 on October 06, 2009, 08:12:11 PM
flip the rear link(no cost) and run struts up front....
I been running strut in the rear to with the stock link stock mounting position should I flip link and put shock on at next race should I adjust pre load on spring then. You got more XP in draggin than most of us dl and how do you use the launch control on the dynotek or does it not have that feature?
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!