What did you do to your Raptor today? v2

Started by Krandall, October 02, 2009, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

Dang, bummer to hear Dales.

At least all that stuff is fairly minimal. Hopefully there's no frame or subframe damage..

any pics?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Dales396LT4

No pics, it makes me sick to look at it. I have worked on it some this week but my ribbs and back are killing me and It's hard get my breathe.

Krandall

Bummer, did you get to the doctor to make sure no ribs are broke :(

hope you get better man.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Dales im sorry to hear it. But rebuilding is all part of the fun. Would love to see some pics

11Raptor

-2K7 Raptor700 SE2
-Houser +3/4 Blue Steering Stem
-Pro Taper Black SE bars
-ProArmor Kill Switch w/wrist teather
-ProArmor Skid Plates
-ProArmor FAT Peg Black Nerf's
-ITP Holeshot XCR's on ITP SS112's machined w/black
-Yoshi RS-2 Full Titanium Exhaust
-Quadbox FI Power Box
-2K5 2500 Dodge Cummins 4x4 QC w/35's
-EDGE w/Att.

Dales396LT4

I started to working on it today, Bent the frame back up 1/2in and then bent the stearing stem back and I am now working on the radi. oh Good news, my chain came in it's blue and brake pads..

Oilfield_Mafia

Installed my new Case Saver, Dr. D reverse kit, tightened chain (Thanks Pat) relocated the key, took off the Parking Brake lever and cable. All While at work.. lol

And Yes, I know my Reverse Lever is upside down, and on the wrong side.. but it wouldnt work with the moose dual throttle on the brake side.  Sooo.. I did some Presidential Engineering. :lol:

:om:
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

XC_Raptor700R

We tried to go for a ride, but the snow is still too damn deep   :mad:
2006 XC Raptor 700R, Greg's ATV suspension, rear link, Houser +.5" MGC a-arms, anti-vibe stem, flag, Pro Taper bars, full HMF, PCIII, 21/20 RazrII's on DWT Ultimate's

www.gregsatv.com

anthony81

Just ordered a Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank from my local bike shop and a 734 big bore kit from trinity racing. Spun the stock rod bearing and ate up the piston and jug so had to get it all.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

Spartan

Ouch, sorry to hear that...With the +5 crank and 105.5 bore I think your final CC is 778? Should be a strong runner with the right head work

geoman

I added a set of graphics to mine Saturday. The dynatek should be here today and working on setting up a complete +6 swingarm w/axle and carrier I can swap out with the stock arm depending on what I am doing.
2008 Raptor 700SEII

06 Outlander 800 Max XT

MO RAPTOR 700

Adjusted the valves tonight getting it ready for the dyno this weekend hopefully.  Also put in a spark plug. :thumbs:
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange
Barker In frame Duals, TRF intake, PCV, 11:5.1 CP Tech Piston, HCIII Cam, Ported Head (TRF), KDS +3 TB, Dynatek Programmable Ign.
15 tooth front sprocket
HID Lighting
Pro-Armor nerf bars
A-Arms skid plates

anthony81

I hope it runs good Spartan 727. This is the second time in 4 months i have had to split the cases :mad:. I broke 3rd gear last time and had to split the cases to replace it and put the 12.0:1 CP piston in.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Mega Cycle X1 cam
15 tooth front

Krandall

dang. 2nd time.

Knock on wood, I'm yet to need to split my cases. I dread the day I do honestly.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

anthony81

Its really not that bad after you do it the first time. Just have to buy a flywheel puller. Its alot easier to work on when its on a work table though. I have split mine twice and my buddys 660 once. I hope it stays together longer than a few months this time. But while you got it down might as well go bigger with what you do have to replace.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Mega Cycle X1 cam
15 tooth front