Oil tank leaking at seam!!!!!!!!

Started by MORAPTOR700, September 17, 2009, 03:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORAPTOR700

Have any of you guys experienced your oil tank leaking at the seam. It looks to be coming from the right side at half way on the tank down to the bottom. Is this a common problem or not. I know I've seen a aftermarket polished tank or should I go back with stocker. Whats you guys opinion. DO ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHO makes THAT POLISHED tank.  Thanks   :thumbs:
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

Peelz

never seen that!!! Absolutely sure it is not dripping from an oil line?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

MORAPTOR700

Yes         The oil started about half way down on the seem on the right side of the tank and continued around coroner to the bottom middle of the tank. I first noticed oil on my skid plate also I thought I may have dripped oil from adjusting the valves but a closer inspection of the tank revealed what I discribed above. I did put a paper towel under the tank and warmed it up to see if I have any drips in the morning.

Peelz

yikes, that is a weird one. I would get an aluminum one, assuming the price isn't too much more than stocker.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

DL700

never seen a stock tank leak....

ive got a good condition used stock tank for cheap....give me a call...951 743 63258 or PM

thanks, Daniel
CUERVO RACING

Colorado700R

i'm sure Daniel can hook you up :thumbs:

But would it hurt to try some JB weld?  I fixed a leaky radiator with it ???

preddy08

Just a good excuse to get a good aftermarket one  :clap:
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

txredxj

I saw kenny post one from jokers vault that looked pretty nice.

Krandall

Brandon from B&N Had a polished stock one. but this is honestly the firs tI've heard of a stock tank leaking :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

MORAPTOR700

Well good news don't have to buy any new parts. I guess when I took the exhaust valve cover off some oil dripped onto the oil tank and thats what the oil was. I took the raptor out yesterday to try out the new paddles before LS in OK and I had no oil after that and I did run it pretty hard on the paddles. Little disapointed in the paddles as I thought they would hook up better but they worked. Know just waiting for the raptor rally at Little Sahara in OK.  :clap:

Blair

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

MORAPTOR700

Quote from: Blair on September 19, 2009, 04:05:50 PM
what kind of paddles did you go with

First off I bought them off craiglist and got a good deal $100.00. I got ITP polished wheels and the tires are Kenda Gecko Plus and they look brand new. I figured that I would be a little underpowered with a stock 700 and 15t front sprocket but I'm not.

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once