Cuts off on quarter throttle.

Started by Danny T, September 14, 2009, 01:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

SO i recently installed HC3, +2TB, & Dynatek Non programable ignition and since then have endured a problem.

She starts fine but sometimes will sometimes miss a beat. Also if i try to start in second gear (sometimes even first) if i apply the slightest of throttle she will cut off and make a "POOF" sound. I need to get the quad revving into the 3500rpm+ so she doesn't cut off. Once im riding it runs very good but if i come to a stop its all screwy.

When i got my quad dyno'd we didnt have much time to adjust low end throttle range so my map could be off.

What do you think???

Peelz

map is off, lean for a split sec of throttle position??  almost has to be.

Thinking like a 660 owner though. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

shrimpy21

Did you recalibrate the TPS with the PC3 software and is it reading 0% when throttle is closed
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Danny T

Quote from: shrimpy21 on September 14, 2009, 03:06:56 PM
Did you recalibrate the TPS with the PC3 software and is it reading 0% when throttle is closed

thats my problem! i just plugged it in and it was read 100 percent weather i pressed the gas or not.

But i can't seem to figure out how to RE-calibrate it. When i hit reset, then open the throttle fully nothing changes. it just hovers around 4.2 according to the power commander software

Danny T

this is from wobble on another forum... then me.

Quote from: wobble;673436Yes, I saw it change as I pressed the throttle.

First thing I would check is if your TPS is correctly adjusted. Here's how you do that:

With the key on, engine off, connect the yellow wire to the positive tester probe and the black/blue wire to the negative tester probe. It should read between .63v and .73v. If it's outside of this range, loosen the two torx bolts and adjust the angle of the TPS until the voltage is within those limits.

After that's verified, you can calibrate the TPS using the PC5 software. To simplify it:

Warm up engine
Turn off engine
Click reset button
Press the throttle to full position, then release
Click ok

hey wobble, i didnt check the TPS voltage but i did loosen the torx bolts and move the TPS around while the PCV was hooked up to the pc but the voltage never changed. Is my tps screwed?

Peelz

Sounds like it is shorting, or just needs re-set.

again   ex 660 owner :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 14, 2009, 07:36:23 PM

gtfoml  :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on September 14, 2009, 08:09:06 PM

gtfoml  :lol:

well...wtf do you want me to say?

throw in some new pilots? :lol:

Danny T

When trying to Re-Set the voltage doesn't change at all. Is there a different way to reset?

Krandall

I don't think doing it through the PC app changes the voltage readings. it only resets it on the Power Commander.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

Solved: I went out & bought a digital voltage meter, of course my TPS was WAY off. I'm always scared to mess with electrical but this was rather simple. Jab the voltage needles in to back of the TPS harness (red wand in middle wire (yellow on some, black on others, and black wand into the top blue/black wire) and wala you get a reading. After that i was able to adjust my TPS through the PCV and now she starts easier and no longer cuts off on quarter throttle.