Pro-tec Moflow Airbox Lid / ODI rouge lock on grips

Started by poolboytoo, August 11, 2009, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolboytoo

Just want some opinions on how well these work and if your glad you purchased. I read some reviews and read they need some weather strip to help seal the lid to the air box.

Opinions on ODI grips?         Thanks in advance.
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

Danny T

i have both items you speak of.

Pro tec lid  - This lid does need some weather strip to help make a perfect seal which i usually replace every other ride bc the water makes it less sticky, otherwise a great product. I dont have to worry about a big chunk of mud collapsing my KN and causing much worse problems. And it lets in good flo.

ODI Grip - I use the ODI Rogue Lock on grips and they are very comfortable. My favorite part is that they LOCK ON. Glue is a mess and just plain annoying. If i upgrade my bars to fast flexx i dont have to spend more money on grips bc they simply come right off with a allen key.

Good luck with your purchases! PS i got both mine from rockymountainatv.com

shrimpy21

I have the pro tec lid,and yes you do need some weather strip to help seal it and stop water getting in if going through deep stuff  :( but it does work well and i noticed you can really hear it sucking the air through  :nod:
Dont know anythink about the odi grips
2008 SE1 Road legal
Monster duals
Texas intake,K&N,outerware
Pro-Tec Moflow airbox lid
PCIII
KDS evac valve,KDS +3 TB
RJ cam
Bo's P&P updated track head
11:1 CP
GYTR rear skid
GYTR A-arm skids
Pro Armour engine skid
Blingstar victory bumber
Loadsa blingstar covers
Hiper tech 3 carbon wheels
Black Trail-Tech fat bars
Trail Tech dashboard clamp

Krandall

I havne't used the ODI's but I got to see Sand84's on his quad, they are very comfortable feeling, and look cool to boot. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Diggs59

fireman5166

07 Raptor 700
pcIII
hot cams III
barker duals
rocket factory intake w/K&N
Dynatek programmable  Ignition
Iridium Plug
evac valve
renthal bars
asv
ac nerfs
fuel atv bumber
kenda gnarlys
Itp sand stars
22" haulers 8 paddles
12,13,14,15, tooth front sprockets
38,40, rear sprockets

Headrope

Just returned from a weekend of riding choppy-assed sand dunes. It was my first time using ODI lock on grips and they did not slip at all - neither did my gloves on them.
Previously I had been using stock grips which I thought worked fine but had worn smooth. I now understand how crappy the stockers were in comparison.

Two things to be aware of if you have stock handle bars:

• You'll likely have to move both the light switch/starter thingy and throttle assembly inwards (towards the center of the quad) to make room for the ODI grip locking ring/clamps, and will have to remove the plastic spacer/lock the throttle uses. For me it fit just right but if you have narrow hands, or a short thumb, it might create a bit of a reach.
  • The stock handle bars are sealed at the end so you'll be unable to use the end cap inserts that come with the grips. They grips work fine without them but the allen screws that come with the kit (and woudl be covered by the end caps) are not stainless. The inside of the screws (where you stick the allen wrench in) started to rust after just one night

Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

1badazz_700r

:thumbs: odi rogue grips are very comfortable and the best $18.00 i have spent. You will not regret them at all

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

poolboytoo

Thanks for all the responses on this subject. I ordered the lid & grips this morning before work, it's good to know they are good products. THANKS AGAIN :clap:
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

1badazz_700r

:thumbs:you will be happy with your choice of grips 8)

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

poolboytoo

2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

PROXT

poolboytoo

You can find them at www.rockymountainatv.com $89.99 for the lid & $18.99 for the grips for $5.00 you can have them in 2 days. I just received mine today. Going to the garage to install. :thumbs:
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

Blair

prox...

here is a review i did on the lid.

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=5059.0

i bought garage door weather stripping... it has lasted the whole season so far... and no worries about redoing it anytime soon... it clamps on super tight now...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -