Sparks Out Exhaust

Started by PROXT, July 31, 2009, 02:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROXT

I just bolted on my big 3 package from techquad. It consisted of big bore barker duals, trinity intake with no lid, dynojet pc111. They put a map in it for me. As i live in australia i run 98 octane pump fuel. For some reason when i warmed it up and gave it a bit of rev it shot sparks out the back of exhaust. I shut it straight down as i know this isnt right. It must be way too lean. The map they gave me to use was the raptor 600 barkers trinity and no lid. Any help would be appreciated.

Krandall

Are they brand new piipes?

If so, you will have a few sparks for the first few minutes because of extra/loose packing being burnt out of the exhaust pipes. I would guess the map Steve put on for you, would be good. Steve knows what he's doing. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Segkast

+1 Could be lean, but good chance if they're brand new it'll settle down pretty quick on it's own. Your header will possibly glow a bit too, don't let that freak you out right away either.
Oury grips & Yamalube

Colorado700R

I got a map for you to try if you want, I'll email it to you from home later today :thumbs:

Colorado700R

also, do you have a lower octane fuel available??  The Raptor is only a 9.2-1 compression ratio, so you're way overkill on octane.  And it would probably run better on a 91-87 octane fuel.

Peelz

My HMF did that, stopped after the first ride. If you were lean enough to shoot sparks, I think it would run weird too.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

PROXT

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 31, 2009, 09:12:51 AM
also, do you have a lower octane fuel available??  The Raptor is only a 9.2-1 compression ratio, so you're way overkill on octane.  And it would probably run better on a 91-87 octane fuel.

Yes we have a 91 octane fuel at the bowser as well.

PROXT

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 31, 2009, 09:09:59 AM
I got a map for you to try if you want, I'll email it to you from home later today :thumbs:

sixpack@netspace.net.au

Krandall

Where at in Australia are you?
I will be there some time next spring. Stopping in Sydney first I think, then we'll spend some time in Melbourne w/ the bro-inlaw head up to Cairnes and then over to NZ.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

Quote from: PROXT on July 31, 2009, 11:01:00 AM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 31, 2009, 09:09:59 AM

sixpack@netspace.net.au

Email Sent