Ran bad gas

Started by socalrappy700, July 26, 2009, 07:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

I forgot to drain my tank at the beginning of the year and I ran my quad on the race fuel that was in there over winter.   :slap: Now I've been fouling plugs and sputtering on deceleration from high rpm.  I couldn't find an iridium plug up in the UP when I was there so I had to go with a standard plug so that didn't help much.  Could my fuel filter be gummed up or could it be the fuel injectors?  Also, can I run a fuel system cleaner on an atv and one that runs leaded race fuel.  If so what products have you used with good results?
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Diggs59

Gunz

Dear E,

SEAFOAM is your friend. Go buy a can and read the instructions. Then use the rest in your SUV. When you get a chance run a cr9eix. Ebay has them for cheap.

Love M,

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

preddy08

I cant stress how AWSOME seafoam really is.  Early last spring I brought everyone out to the lake with my jetski. I droped it in the water and it would bairly start, ran like TOTAL crap (had to feather the throttle just to get up on plane. Otherwise it would just sputter and die). So I called up a buddy coming out and told him to pick up a bottle of seafoam. I dumped about half in the tank and with in 10 minutes of beating it it started running PERFECT!
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

socalrappy700

So, where do I find this great seafoam at? 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Diggs59

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on July 26, 2009, 03:09:56 PM
So, where do I find this great seafoam at? 

I know for sure that Advance Auto has it. Probably can get it at Pep Boys/Auto Zone as well.

Gunz

Any auto parts store. Maaaaaybe Wal-mart. :thumbs:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

r00st

I know on 1/1 cars you are supposed to change the fuel filter after sefoaming... So throwing an inline fuel filter in before you did it would probably be wise. Then once she is done purging white smoke, pull the filter out and put a fresh one in.

Make sure to make a little video or at least snap a picture of the raptor being sefoamed lol.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF

preddy08

Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Gunz

Quote from: r00st on July 26, 2009, 08:55:01 PM
I know on 1/1 cars you are supposed to change the fuel filter after sefoaming... So throwing an inline fuel filter in before you did it would probably be wise. Then once she is done purging white smoke, pull the filter out and put a fresh one in.

Make sure to make a little video or at least snap a picture of the raptor being sefoamed lol.

They have a fuel filter on the bottom of the fuel pump. I would recommend you do NOT add a inline fuel filter to your fuel injection. I've never ever changed a fuel filter after running seafoam just for simply running seafoam, 2 stroke-Detroit525-inline6-v10. It's 100% petroleum, not some additive or octane boost.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

r00st

Ok I figured it had a filter but didnt know where.

Reason for changing the filter is any residue/crap in the gas tank or fuel lines gets pushed into the fuel filter and can clog it. Maybe not so much on the raptor but its recommended on 1/1 vehicles you change your fuel filter after running sea foam.
2007 Raptor 700 SE
With some SHTUFF