Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Iowa Riding Parks  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Iowa Riding Parks
« on: July 20, 2009, 07:23:40 AM »
well, since no body else is on, guess I will entertain myself by writing a ride review for the two parks my wife and I visited Saturday.  :nod:

FOr Iowa atv parks, you need only register your atv once per year. Do not pay by the day. $16.50 out of state registration. $16.75 Ia registration.

1st: Bluff Creek OHV. Bussey Ia. Approx 5 miles Southwest of Oskaloosa, Ia. Abandoned coal mine.

Preddy was right. This place is awesome. All the trails are excellent for high speed sport quads. Plenty of hillclimbs, and rough trails too, if you want. Everything well maintained. 3 tracks to ride, one of which is called the "tot spot" nothing bigger than 100cc's can ride. Fun for the kids. This is the first time in over a year Nichole has got to go to a real riding park. Now she is addicted.  :thumbs: Which means: I will get to go more.  :nod:  It was alot bigger than it appeared at first. Make sure you register your quad. DNR ranger on site all the time.

Anybody nearby should check this place out.

after that, we went to:

Lake Rathbun OHV area. South west side of Lake Rathbun. Iowa.

Views were nice, but coolness mostly ends there.  Very rough in spots. 50% of trails I had to turn around and go back. They had a practice track that had a great table top on it though. And, besides 3 guys on YFZ's, we were the only two people there. No Rangers or anything. Much less popular. (bussey is less than 35 miles away) It had one really good trail that went down the hill to the Lake. And ride along the bank, watching people on their boats. Great view....but Won't be going back there. Bussey is the same distance from here, so that is my new stomping ground.  :thumbs:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Ranger

Re: Iowa Riding Parks
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
That's...cheap haha. My local riding "parks" charge 75 and 60 dollars a YEAR.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »
That's...cheap haha. My local riding "parks" charge 75 and 60 dollars a YEAR.

Yeah, I had no idea they were there. Our local private park was 200 a year. 300 for family.

G-A-Y!
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Ranger

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:40:20 AM »
That's dumb...

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »
60 bucks for an annual at Land Betwen the Lakes, TN. But its a really nice place to ride.

That place in Bussey looks great, I was checking some videos and im really diggin it

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
60 bucks for an annual at Land Betwen the Lakes, TN. But its a really nice place to ride.

That place in Bussey looks great, I was checking some videos and im really diggin it
Heard land between the lakes is freekin' HUGE! like 70,000 acres....

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »
One tank out, one tank back and I still havent seen it all. Gotta go during low tide before a big rainfall, you can ride the river bank for a half a day and never get to the other side. My favorite thing to do is the river rock hopping. People blowing donuts in groups makes bowls (like a skateboard park) and you hop in and out of the bowls. And of course one big non stop drift around and around till you get sick.

The main trail is a high 3rd gear area with some nice jumps and natural wide hillclimbs. Ill shoot some videos and post links whenever my top end shows up.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »
nice

Hers are some pics I forgot we took.

the track at bussey. Very nice, little aggressive for a guy with a stock bike. :lol:

Offline kdanderson5

• Street Cred: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 01:52:46 PM »
I am trying to get a group together to go down to Bussey again this fall when it is nice and cool again. I know a guy that owns some ground by Knoxville that we are planning on camping on and then going back to Bussey the next morning again. Does anyone know if they charge you to camp at the park? I seen some camping spots, but never checked to see if it was free or not?

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »
I am trying to get a group together to go down to Bussey again this fall when it is nice and cool again. I know a guy that owns some ground by Knoxville that we are planning on camping on and then going back to Bussey the next morning again. Does anyone know if they charge you to camp at the park? I seen some camping spots, but never checked to see if it was free or not?

Pretty sure its free. Camping is pretty primitive there, no electricity.

Peels, did you see the jump that I have all the pics of?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »

Pretty sure its free. Camping is pretty primitive there, no electricity.

Peels, did you see the jump that I have all the pics of?

not sure. We were just fartin' around checkin' the place out.  Saw a decent jump in the woods, but didn't seem that crazy.

Offline poolboytoo

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »
I have some pic's of Bluff Creek I will share. I have been there 5-6 times one of my favorite places worth the trip 3.75 hrs for us. Let me see if I can even post a pic LOL 
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

Offline poolboytoo

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
Holy crap! I suck at resizeing pic's I try again tonight
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »
good enough bro. let us know the next time you are goin'. Only 1.5 hrs for me. :thumbs:

Offline preddy08

• MD's baby momma
  • VIP
  • Street Cred: 28
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 05:47:02 PM »
AWSOME place to ride!!! I hope to make it back before winter hits.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.