Paddle choice?????

Started by Blair, July 11, 2009, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

Quote from: Duane on July 14, 2009, 04:28:25 AM
Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on July 13, 2009, 07:48:50 PM
I've used them ALL. Go 22's sandstars...... I live in a sandbox.

Sand Stars suck ass, but are a decent low budget tire.

I guess I could say go with some edge's(which I own) they are lighter,but they wear down faster and cost a little bit more then what a guy that only goes a couple times a year would need to spend. I also could say run some 8 paddle TB haulers(which I own), but why do that to a man that sounds like he wants to go out and ride the dunes, not race the dunes, turning forget it, not with haulers. I could argue with myself and say screw the 8paddles and go 10 paddle hauler (which I own), cause your bike is badass and can handle any tire you throw at it, but why, so he can ride a wheelie all day long? I could even say get a set of sand sharks(been there done that) ,cause they are cheaper and do the same thing as a set of sandstars, but hell they are 5lb heavier per side and why the hell would anybody want to sacrifice any hp for literally a couple of dollars? I could be a man C-Word and say get some gecko's(yep you guessed it been on some) or ams aerospeeds, but that would be just plain mean, now wouldn't it? I've been on nearly every set of paddles made and have paid my hard earned money on half them. I have several sets sitting in my garage that I personally run depending on what conditions I'm running that day. Sure sand stars suck, but so do haulers, just depends on the situation. I own both. For a molded v paddle sand tire, Sand Stars are the lightest, have an excellent bite, only run about $70 a side in a market the runs from $55-$145 per side.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

wobble

I own both sand stars and haulers. There was a time when I used to bring both sets to the sand. I would run the haulers for hill climbs and tree shots and the sand stars just messing around in the dunes. Over time, I would use the sand stars less and less as I learned how to ride. The haulers are not that hard to maneuver once you figure out how to throw the bike around, lean your weight to the sides or forward, etc. Now I never use my sand stars. Besides, I can't count the number of times I was sooooo pissed off trying to do tree shots in those POS sand stars that the haulers just went right up the day before. The sand stars are a good, cheap, all around tire, but they don't have near the hookup the haulers have. The sand stars are also VERY heavy.

Duane

I guess I could say go with some edge's(which I own) they are lighter,

believe when I say tell you that I wasn't trying to egg you on. Agreed,the sand stars are a good tire for a molded tire and for just plain playing and and occasional dez trip. Hell, I have them on my son's quad because he likes to play and I am trying with everything I have to slow him down, cause he scares the shit outta me, Gecko's have them too, total crap.

Also have a set of 21 ST, ext (7 cup and) and ST edges that I run (8 cup),  by far the best tires out there. But yes, are gonna cost. The haulers do wear more then the ext's, they have a shorter and less flexible cup because of the cup angle.

A lot of the issue with running a straight cup versus a V cup really depends on the rim size you use. I run a 8" tall rim, which helps makes the tire ballon and also allows it to grow at higher speeds, allowing for more topend speed, if you have the power. This is also really nice for those times when you stop on a dune and try to go again, since they balloon, they flaot and don't dig into the sand as much at a larger 10+ inch wheel. Regardless, sandstars love to dig and leave you stranded just to get off and shimmy the rear over to try and restart. (on that note, take your rear skid off in the sand, it really helps with this).

So,budget tire, yes the sandstars are going to be best for a molded.

PS, are you running nerfs? If so what kind, the Pro Armors will rub on a 21 " tall tire, amybe not the ITP's but they did on my 21" EXT.

07 Rappy 700r SE1
1. Barker duals
2. FuelATV air filter
3. PCIIIusb
4. Prog Dyantek ing
5. stgII Hotcm
6. Kenny TB bore
7. JE 11-1 piston
ebay 8k HIDs, skat 21/12-8 7 paddles, I-shock I4500, G-force axle, CCP sterring stabilizer
other toy 66 2 door post Nova, LS1/4l60e, in progress

Kamakazi

how do the maxis razr blades fair, are they a bit better than the sandstars?
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

Quote from: kamakazi on July 15, 2009, 02:58:10 PM
how do the maxis razr blades fair, are they a bit better than the sandstars?

never seen em'
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

wobble

20x11x8 is 13.8 lbs

A sand star 20x11x8 is 13 lbs

Blair

kam... if this deal falls through... ill be calling you... this one is straight from the distributor... (aperently)
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Kamakazi

cool, you should let me know the price, maybe i can match it or even pick up a pair for myself  :nod: