Paddle choice?????

Started by Blair, July 11, 2009, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

so i found out that there are some dunes a few hours away, i will likely only ride them once or twice a year...

3 mod rappy...

an aquantince of mine has a connection with a supplier for paddles... but i am not sure which ones i should go with... need your guys help...

he can get me ITP tires... cheep

so that brings it down to two choices...

the Sand Star.

http://itptires.com/sportatv/sandstar.html

or the dune star

http://itptires.com/sportatv/dunestar.html

i know nothing about sand tires.

if you guys would be so kind as to let me know which ones you think would be better and why... i would really appreciate it... ( i am only looking at rears right now though.)
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Onelunglow

If those are you only two choices then I'd go with the sand stars! :thumbs: They have a v paddle that make it a little easier to turn. They also look little lighter than the dune stars do.
06 - White Raptor
04 - Green KFX80
92 - White/Blue Banshee
88 - Lt500 Drag quad (ski-doo - 809 installed)

Blair

they arent my only choices... but they are my only choices for CHEAP... haha
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Peelz

sandstars are the industry standard for molded tires.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Blair

ok so by the sounds of it... sand stars are the choice...

what size would you guys go for???

Gunz

22" Sandstars....... nuff said.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

DL700

i got some  Skat trak  Mohawks f/s for the front... i went with some pc wheels so i just bought new ones

they are a whole lot lighter then the sand stars and dont bite as hard...better balance IMO

CUERVO RACING

Duane

for a 3 mod and only riding a couple times a year, a 20" sand star would be fine if you can get them cheap, if you want great tires, Skat traks in a 21", 7 cup ext or 8 cup hauler.
07 Rappy 700r SE1
1. Barker duals
2. FuelATV air filter
3. PCIIIusb
4. Prog Dyantek ing
5. stgII Hotcm
6. Kenny TB bore
7. JE 11-1 piston
ebay 8k HIDs, skat 21/12-8 7 paddles, I-shock I4500, G-force axle, CCP sterring stabilizer
other toy 66 2 door post Nova, LS1/4l60e, in progress

Peelz

If you get skat traks for the rear, make sure it is the edge paddles. V blade is better for duning.

Straight blade works way better for straight line drags. (and throws alot of sand) lol
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on July 12, 2009, 11:55:10 AM
If you get skat traks for the rear, make sure it is the edge paddles. V blade is better for duning.

Straight blade works way better for straight line drags. (and throws alot of sand) lol

Or.....

You grow some manhood, and just learn how to ride the skat-traks anywhere

:lol:

Peelz

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 12, 2009, 05:58:59 PM

Or.....

:bird: :lol:

I got to ride them on Barker's personal ride. I prefer blipping the throttle to whip it around. I nearly wrecked it. I was thinking "why won't this POS turn!" :lol:

12 paddle hybrid tire. "Glider/hauler" They hooked up like crazy though.

Krandall

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on July 12, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: Colorado700R on July 12, 2009, 05:58:59 PM

Or.....

:bird: :lol:

I got to ride them on Barker's personal ride. I prefer blipping the throttle to whip it around. I nearly wrecked it. I was thinking "why won't this POS turn!" :lol:

12 paddle hybrid tire. "Glider/hauler" They hooked up like crazy though.

I wouldn't put all the blame on the rear paddles. Didn't help that his have the buffed front tires :lol:

But, I can say for sure, it's a LOT harder to whip a 9 paddle hauler vs my sandstars.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Gunz

I've used them ALL. Go 22's sandstars...... I live in a sandbox. If you go with flat blades, you WILL BE PISSED.... Don't listen to COLO700, he is gay :gunny:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on July 13, 2009, 07:48:50 PM
I've used them ALL. Go 22's sandstars...... I live in a sandbox. If you go with flat blades, you WILL BE PISSED.... Don't listen to COLO700, he is gay :gunny:

All hail the one larm bandit

Duane

Quote from: 4gunz4x4z on July 13, 2009, 07:48:50 PM
I've used them ALL. Go 22's sandstars...... I live in a sandbox.

Sand Stars suck ass, but are a decent low budget tire.
07 Rappy 700r SE1
1. Barker duals
2. FuelATV air filter
3. PCIIIusb
4. Prog Dyantek ing
5. stgII Hotcm
6. Kenny TB bore
7. JE 11-1 piston
ebay 8k HIDs, skat 21/12-8 7 paddles, I-shock I4500, G-force axle, CCP sterring stabilizer
other toy 66 2 door post Nova, LS1/4l60e, in progress