Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Fact O' The Day  (Read 85212 times)

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
Re: Fact O' The Day
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »
I had my prostate examined a while back, still waiting for Peels to tell me what he found ???

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
Caverns.

lots of them.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »
I had my prostate examined a while back, still waiting for Peels to tell me what he found ???

gonna need a bigger Exploration vehicle. 15 man observation crew might do it. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
:(

you said I was tight

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2009, 07:56:01 AM »
'Quitting smoking can add eight years to your life. '

The remarkable thing about smoking is just how quickly the body begins to heal itself once a person quits smoking. Within just 30 minutes, the pulse and blood pressure begin to go down, and a single day later, one's risk factor for a heart attack decreases, and the benefits just keep coming -- if a smoker quits. If not, the World Health Organization recently asserted its belief that tobacco kills as many as 5 million adults every year.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »
:woot:

Smokefree since 9-22-09
the LS rally was difficult

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

The remarkable thing about smoking is just how quickly the body begins to heal itself once a person quits smoking. Within just 30 minutes, the pulse and blood pressure begin to go down, and a single day later, one's risk factor for a heart attack decreases, and the benefits just keep coming -- if a smoker quits. If not, the World Health Organization recently asserted its belief that tobacco kills as many as 5 million adults every year.

cool i'm going to start smoking, so i can quit and gain 8 years to my life.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »
GOOD CALL!!! didn't even think about that.

wonder if it works for people w/ emphysema?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline funyun

• Jew
  • Funyun Yellow
  • Street Cred: -1337
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

cool i'm going to start smoking, so i can quit and gain 8 years to my life.

We can live forever :clap:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »

Smokefree since 9-22-09

:clap: nice job!!!!! way to go hefe!

I have firsthand knowledge of what the cancer sticks do to ya' :mad: Lung problems already run in our family, so no need to speed it up  :help:

I quit right when we were expecting our oldest boy. April of 2003.

:thumbs:

And totally agree about rallies being tough. My roughest time was out riding and my buddy lit up. Ironically, I had quit because he did. He had to. (cancer scare, but he is free of it) I actually tried one after about 4 years of none that day. And it tasted like total dogshit. I was coughing like a 7th grader who just stole his dad's lucky strikes. :lol:

never again.  :puke:

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2009, 08:17:41 AM »
'The average adult has more leisure time today than 40 years ago.'
While we all define leisure time differently, we also all seem to have the same hobby -- the average U.S. adult watches about 2.5 hours of television daily, which is where a lot of leisure time is spent. Of single and married men and women, single men spent the most time in front of the TV (3.5 hours) and married men the least (2.24 hours). According to statistics published in Time magazine, that's about 45 minutes more free time than 40 years ago.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »

Smokefree since 9-22-09

:clap: nice job!!!!! way to go hefe!

I have firsthand knowledge of what the cancer sticks do to ya' :mad: Lung problems already run in our family, so no need to speed it up  :help:

I quit right when we were expecting our oldest boy. April of 2003.

:thumbs:

And totally agree about rallies being tough. My roughest time was out riding and my buddy lit up. Ironically, I had quit because he did. He had to. (cancer scare, but he is free of it) I actually tried one after about 4 years of none that day. And it tasted like total dogshit. I was coughing like a 7th grader who just stole his dad's lucky strikes. :lol:

never again.  :puke:

That is cool Hefe. I quit 9-22-05, holy shit just realized it was the same date as you. I quit for a-lot of reasons, 1. for my son... 2. I wanted to quit before I turned 30 and swore I would. 3. I waaaas sooo tired of the shitty smell and feeling gross every morning I woke up. It's been so long since I smoked I forgot I ever did until something like this reminds me that I did. I went cold turkey and after 3 months it was like I never smoked.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2010, 06:47:09 AM »
 :clap:

way to go gunz :thumbs:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
'Fried foods may not be healthy, but they don't cause acne. '

The origins of the association between fried foods and acne is unknown, but it is a much-perpetuated myth. Acne is caused when sebaceous glands under the skin produce sebum (a chemical that helps maintain lubrication on the skin) and that sebum, coupled with dead skin cells, blocks or otherwise causes irritation to the pores of the skin. While science has pinpointed hormones as a culprit in causing excess acne, other factors are also at work, including one's genes and outside influences, such as stress, which helps to explain why acne isn't just a problem for adolescents.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »
'Results of numerous studies indicate the long-term health benefits of volunteering. '

In his book Why Good Things Happen to Good People, author Stephen Post found a direct connection being doing selfless good deeds and better overall physical health -- a connection that's backed up by other research, such as a 2005 Stanford study that indicated a link between volunteering and living longer, and a study out of England that found that communities that enjoy high rates of volunteering also enjoy significantly lower rates of crime, higher-ranked local schools, and overall healthier residents.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: