Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Fact O' The Day  (Read 84889 times)

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Fact O' The Day
« Reply #1620 on: December 12, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »
"Leonardo da Vinci spent 12 years painting the Mona Lisa's lips."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1621 on: December 13, 2012, 09:25:42 AM »
"The first industrial robot went to work at GM in 1961."

Named Unimate, General Motors put it to work in the spring of 1961 without fanfare -- not because they were worried about an uproar over it one day taking the jobs away from so many people, but because they were concerned that it wouldn't work out.

It did, of course, and today robotics is a multibillion-dollar worldwide industry. The original Unimate is at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1622 on: December 17, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
"Lifting free weights helps exercise parts of your brain."

Proprioception, the sense of where your body is in space, is regulated by your whole nervous system and relies on the information your body sends through your spinal cord and to your brain. It's also further developed with practice, which is why patients whose coordination has been impaired by illness often train to get their balance back (by balancing blindfolded, for example). Working with free weights helps develop your proprioception because of the balance involved; using a machine doesn't offer the same benefits.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1623 on: December 19, 2012, 07:10:05 AM »
"40% of all people who come to a party at your house snoop in your medicine cabinet."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1624 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »
"40% of all people who come to a party at your house snoop in your medicine cabinet."

:rofl:

they gonna get a surprise at my house!  :clap: :troy:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline dragonz

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 6
  • Dammed if I do & Dammed if I don't
    • Real Robots!
    • Email
« Reply #1625 on: December 19, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »

:rofl:

they gonna get a surprise at my house!  :clap: :troy:
I think there's a loaded mouse-trap in mine
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1626 on: December 20, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »
would be funny as hell to put a sign in there that says "I see you!" or GTFOMMC!

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1627 on: December 24, 2012, 08:41:35 AM »
"The longest escalator in the world is in St. Petersburg, Russia, with 729 steps."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1628 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »
"In the early days of baseball, a fielder put a runner out by hitting him with the ball."

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Hefe

• SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1
  • Testicular Sanitation Personnel
    • Email
« Reply #1629 on: December 27, 2012, 08:46:47 AM »
that would be one way to make baseball watchable!

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1630 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »
that would be one way to make baseball watchable!

LOL  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1631 on: December 28, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »
"Babies can understand basic elements of physics when they're as young as two months old."

A study in the journal WIREs Cognitive Science indicated that infants who are as young as two months old are intuitively able to understand basic physical concepts (e.g. gravity, and that an object hidden in a container will move when the container moves). By five months, they understand the difference between solid objects and non-solid substances (like sand or liquids). At six months, they can gauge values (if one sample is substantially larger than another) and at ten months, they can gauge physical quantities -- which cup holds more liquid, or which container holds more food (though again, only if the samples are large enough for there to be an appreciable difference).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #1632 on: December 28, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
"Babies can understand basic elements of physics when they're as young as two months old."

A study in the journal WIREs Cognitive Science indicated that infants who are as young as two months old are intuitively able to understand basic physical concepts (e.g. gravity, and that an object hidden in a container will move when the container moves). By five months, they understand the difference between solid objects and non-solid substances (like sand or liquids). At six months, they can gauge values (if one sample is substantially larger than another) and at ten months, they can gauge physical quantities -- which cup holds more liquid, or which container holds more food (though again, only if the samples are large enough for there to be an appreciable difference).

nifty.... but it takes til like 18 months til they can spot an obstacle while walking... IE a step up, or a cliff....

little shits just keep walking...... :lol: pretty hilarious to watch. "step...step BAM!" face into carpet.

Offline Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
« Reply #1633 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06:28 AM »
"The words we say to others account for less than 10% of first impressions."

Naturalist Charles Darwin -- yes, that Darwin -- first launched the study of nonverbal communication when he published The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals in 1872. Today researchers believe that we make first impressions of people based on three factors: body language, vocal delivery, and the content of what we say.

Although statistics tend to vary a few percentage points here and there, what we say accounts for just 7% of that first impression, vocal delivery (tone, pacing, etc) accounts for 38%, while body language accounts for the rest -- a whopping 55%, something to remember when approaching a woman for the first time.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Offline Magz

• Site Sponsor
  • Street Cred: 12
    • Email
« Reply #1634 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »

nifty.... but it takes til like 18 months til they can spot an obstacle while walking... IE a step up, or a cliff....

little shits just keep walking...... :lol: pretty hilarious to watch. "step...step BAM!" face into carpet.

sounds like me after a couple beers.........  :(