Fact O' The Day

Started by Krandall, July 07, 2009, 07:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krandall

'Late Show bandleader Paul Shaffer penned one of the biggest disco hits of all time. '

Although Paul Shaffer is most closely associated with his gig as Letterman's longtime bandleader, before that he spent some time on Broadway, briefly played with the Saturday Night Live band, and in 1979, he and songwriter Paul Jabara wrote the massive Weather Girls hit It's Raining Men, which hit No. 1 on the U.S. disco charts. Shaffer's memoirs, We'll Be Here For the Rest of Our Lives: A Swingin' Show-biz Saga, were published in October 2009.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on October 23, 2009, 07:28:36 AM
'Late Show bandleader Paul Shaffer penned one of the biggest disco hits of all time. '

Although Paul Shaffer is most closely associated with his gig as Letterman's longtime bandleader, before that he spent some time on Broadway, briefly played with the Saturday Night Live band, and in 1979, he and songwriter Paul Jabara wrote the massive Weather Girls hit It's Raining Men, which hit No. 1 on the U.S. disco charts. And finally, it became Preddy AND Krandall's motivational theme song. Shaffer's memoirs, We'll Be Here For the Rest of Our Lives: A Swingin' Show-biz Saga, were published in October 2009.

:thumbs: rock it out my bruthas. :rofl:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

rock out w/ your c*ck out!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Spider/Paleface513

One who go to bed with itchy ass wake up with stinky finger
-07 700-based 734 trail build!!
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Krandall

'Four of every five victims of a lightning strike are men. '

Between 1995 and 2008 in the United States, lightning strikes killed 648 people; 82% of those people were men. However, according to the editors of Popular Science, there is nothing about men that lightning finds especially appealing (i.e., "extra iron in the cranium perhaps"). Rather, men are struck and killed by lightning far more often than women are simply because men tend to take more risks -- like playing sports in a thunderstorm (a decision that led to half of almost all lightning-related deaths).

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Spider/Paleface513

That's  :mad: up but it makes since.  Now I'm smarter than 80% of the ones playing football in thunderstorm.
105.5 11:1 5050 +2 +1 head WK54mm TB pink denso injector dynatek w/HDD curves DMC Force 4's PRM skids nerfs and 6pack rack DG bumper HID slim ballist kit flexx bars w/rebound kit HDD clutch kit Ava levers shortys DRD reverse lever key relocator spiderweb grill and cam cover mudlite SP's all around LSR axlecaliber 68.8hp 48.7tq w/+3 TB

HotRods +5 coming!

Krandall

'People who suffer from coulrophobia have a irrational fear of clowns. '

Scholars who write about coulrophobia postulate that a clown's behavior is odious to adults because we know there's an adult behind the mask and makeup and we find the mask problematic -- what is he hiding? Furthermore, clowns act as though they have license to do anything they want to do, making their childish behavior ultimately unpredictable. Finally, unlike other adults, a clown doesn't respect boundaries.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Peelz

"Man who smoke pot choke on handle."
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spider/Paleface513

HotRods +5 coming!

Lady4Fiddy

Fact of the Day... I am a ninja!  :nun:

:lol:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D

dragonz

Quote from: Lady4Fiddy on October 27, 2009, 11:31:19 PM

All those riding on empty tracks beware! If you're not there 4fiddy will own you ???
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Krandall

'Some historians believe the Spanish flu epidemic started in Kansas.'

Still considered the most deadly epidemic in recorded history, the Spanish flu of 1918-1920 infected as many as 500 million people and killed as many as 50 to 100 million worldwide. Officials were so desperate to slow the spread that one Arizona town even outlawed handshakes. Historians debate the origins of the virus, but at least two prominent scholars pinpoint the origins of the outbreak to Haskell County, Kansas. It was called Spanish flu because Spain, neutral in World War I, became the only reliable and uncensored source for news on the virus.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

robkd

Learned on the "dirty jobs show" that back in the day arab's used to eat fresh camel poop to fight off disentary...

Peelz

Quote from: robkd on October 28, 2009, 09:34:19 AM
Learned on the "dirty jobs show" that back in the day arab's used to eat fresh camel poop to fight off disentary...

yum-tastic.

just think, Aaron does that just for fun. :lol:

Lady4Fiddy

Quote from: dragonz on October 28, 2009, 01:58:12 AM
Quote from: Lady4Fiddy on October 27, 2009, 11:31:19 PM

All those riding on empty tracks beware! If you're not there 4fiddy will own you ???

STFU Dragonz... there were people at that track dammit! Okay so there were only 2 but I was still a better rider than them.  :lol:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D