Switchen gas

Started by shookie, June 28, 2009, 07:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shookie

well since the day i bought it I have been running 87 or 89 ??? with the 10% etho. It sucks after its sat awile and jelled up. Im going to make a switch to 91,93, or theres a gas station with 101, What would be the best for a big 3 raptor.
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Gunz

87 will work fine. The performance of your machine will not change with any higher octane, only the thickness of your wallet. My specs built for 87octane.

735cc 75hp 58tq on pump
11:1 CP piston stock bore
Barker stage 2 head
Barker cam
Barker 6 mil stroker (balanced)
Barker in frames (Blue clamps)
+2 Ferrea valves
Beehive springs
KDS +3 Throttle Body
Power Commander III
Dynatek non-programmable ignition
Pro Design w/K&N
KDS Evac Valve
Iridium plug

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

shookie

Damn with 75hp :clap: Do you run the etho blend the strait?
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs

Krandall

If it's gelling up on you, sounds like you need to get out and ride more!!!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on June 29, 2009, 10:13:14 AM
If it's gelling up on you, sounds like you need to get out and ride more!!!

Plus ONE!

87 is fine for a stump pulling Raptor stock motor. 9.5:1, I think. You may see a tiny difference from 87-91, but after that,  Gunz is right. Only change will be a lighter wallet.

I use either 87, or that 89 ethanol mix Iowa garbage. :nod: I see no difference. Mine is bone stock. I put 102 in the old 660 once, no difference, other than exhaust smell. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

VelociRaptor

87 pinged with mine in this Alabama heat index and humidity- I just ran 93 in mine since that is what I ran in everything else I owned. I ran 87 only once because thats all a buddy had in his jug, the power seemed normal but it did rattle just a tad on full throttle 4th and 5th gear runs.

shookie

I think im just going to run 91 or 93 its 10 cents more. As little as i get to ride it will work.
2008 Raptor 700r SE

Gunz

Since you rarely ride, I would think about getting a can of seafoam to mix in our tank. Good stuff.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar