speed sensor

Started by logger, June 28, 2009, 04:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger

how do you bypass the speed sensor and is it worth it

Warren

it's not worth it in my book. i went through and dug out the plug from the rest of the wire lume and i regret it still. i could notice that much top end difference to make it worth while. and besides it's based on a RPM range at top end anyway so when you change to a 15 tooth front sprocket you will never notice the sensor. if you really want to try unpluging it though do a search on here to find a good write up on how to do it and which plug it is.

and welcome to the site. i just noticed it's your first post.   you will find alot of help here. :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Exactly like warren said. It's not worth it. The speed sensor only kicks in when your in 5th gear near WOT.

Don't know about you, but I think I've seen 5th WOT maybe a few times only since I've owned my rappy.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

I would do it, just to catch a banshee on a high speed run. :lol: Bastards and their extra gear. :rolleyes:
15 tooth front sprocket is a better way to go, though. You will gain a few mph, but barely be able to get there unless you have good mods. And aren't a huge guy. :lol: WInd resistance.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Nick

I hit WOT almost every time I ride , i think it's well worth it., but, only the way i did it. Toggle switch...just don't forget what you have it on, now I don't know if it's on or off  :lol:

Nick

did you say pics? well sure! lol

Krandall

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2009, 10:55:21 AM
I hit WOT almost every time I ride , i think it's well worth it., but, only the way i did it. Toggle switch...just don't forget what you have it on, now I don't know if it's on or off  :lol:

It only affects 5th gear WOT not every gear I thought.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Nick

Quote from: Krandall on June 30, 2009, 11:51:40 AM

yes, your correct, i meant to say I go TOP SPEED WOT 5th gear almost every time i ride.   lol, when I go up north I am in a town of about 15 and way out of town at that, so we can hit lots of pavement and dirt roads and not see cars for the entire time, and if we do we know them. So yeah that's why it's been an decent mod for me. My cousin has a stock 07 700 and with my speed sensor toggled, 15t and big 3, well, little 2 now . lol I can just play with him at top speeds, he hates it.

I also have tested it on a dry lake bed at El mirage against my friends z400, at WOT top speed plugged in i had about 10 lengths onhim, unplugged at least 15 maybe more. 

Nick

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2009, 12:08:43 PM
Quote from: Krandall on June 30, 2009, 11:51:40 AM

yes, your correct, i meant to say I go TOP SPEED WOT 5th gear almost every time i ride.   lol, when I go up north I am in a town of about 15 and way out of town at that, so we can hit lots of pavement and dirt roads and not see cars for the entire time, and if we do we know them. So yeah that's why it's been an decent mod for me. My cousin has a stock 07 700 and with my speed sensor toggled, 15t and big 3, well, little 2 now . lol I can just play with him at top speeds, he hates it.

I also have tested it on a dry lake bed at El mirage against my friends z400, at WOT top speed plugged in i had about 10 lengths onhim, unplugged at least 15 maybe more. 
stock gearing when i was in el mirage also.

dgreenbluet

just get a dynateck programmable ignition, it'll eliminate it for you and maybe add a couple horses
08 Rapester/734cc 105.5mm Bore/11:1 JE Piston/Big Bore Barkers/FCI wBox/Dynateck Prog. Ign./PCIII/15T Sprocket/Trail Tech Vapor wDash Mount/Moose Nerf, Heel Guards, Race Pegs/Full Skids/Bling Star Victory Bumper/Six Pack Rack