KDS electric water pump for drag builds

Started by Kenny, June 26, 2009, 03:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

What we have here is an electric water pump that weighs less than 1 lb, draws 1 amp of current and moves 5 gallons of water per minute. It is perfect for bypassing the engine driven pump so water will circulate at a high rate while going to the staging area, or full circulation while waiting to stage with the engine off. Combine this with the Spal fan and you will be able cool the engine VERY rapidly between rounds......Even when working on the bike. It has 1" or #10AN connections and will fit in the palm of your hand. Expensive you say? You betcha! $380 :thumbs:

KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Kenny

No...... I am doing a build with an "alternative" cooling system. I have used these on other (non-raptor) race motors. The motor I am doing now won't have any pictures posted until after it's first race 8)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Colorado700R

Quote from: Kenny on June 26, 2009, 07:21:40 PM
No...... I am doing a build with an "alternative" cooling system. I have used these on other (non-raptor) race motors. The motor I am doing now won't have any pictures posted until after it's first race 8)

shutty :mad:

I keel you and sell your entrails at a Bangkok fish market

digitalhearing

:rofl: That's funny Colorado..............

Do we know how much the oem water pump weighs compared to this electric one? 

Grant
This Forum Rocks !

Kenny

Quote from: Colorado700R on June 26, 2009, 09:12:51 PM

:rofl:

Quote from: digitalhearing on June 27, 2009, 05:33:32 AM

Grant
My scales are broken..... as soon as I get a new set I'll let you know. I don't think there is much difference in weight(a few ounces). The cool thing about this is the ability to run a lower octane race gas with a little more top-end power potential, and keep it dead consistent from run to run, even when you come off a pass and have immediately stage for another.

I am also working with a fan switch that will turn the fan on at closer to 200° than 230°
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

preddy08

Quote from: Kenny on June 28, 2009, 07:14:14 AM

Grant
My scales are broken..... as soon as I get a new set I'll let you know. I don't think there is much difference in weight(a few ounces). The cool thing about this is the ability to run a lower octane race gas with a little more top-end power potential, and keep it dead consistent from run to run, even when you come off a pass and have immediately stage for another.

I am also working with a fan switch that will turn the fan on at closer to 200° than 230°

Oh GERD now its going to sound like a predator. Their fans turn on around 200* People always ask if I was over heating or something. I do like the idea of the fans coming on eirlier
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Colorado700R

Quote from: preddy08 on June 28, 2009, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: Kenny on June 28, 2009, 07:14:14 AM

Grant

Oh GERD now its going to sound like a predator. Their fans turn on around 200* People always ask if I was over heating or something. I do like the idea of the fans coming on eirlier

Yeah it will be like a predator without that annoying slower than dogshit, and heavier than an abrams tank effect :lol:

Troy