Ign. Problem

Started by iluvdirt, June 08, 2009, 06:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iluvdirt

My rappy lost spark and I had to replace the pickup coil. After I put it in, it still wouldn't fire.  Well, stupid me forgot to put the ground wire on the case cover bolt. Sweet! It should run now, right? No. When I turn it over to check the spark, it looks like it's firing 2 or 3 times a revolution. What would cause the spark to fire too often? Getting frustrated here.  PLEASE help.
Jeff
2005 Raptor 660, Red/white
Full LRD Pro4, Dynojet,
Lid off, UNI filter, PowerMadd guards
+2 ASR a-arms, YFZ shocks
Trac Star tires, 50 watt lights
Moose Pro Plate bumper
Tusk nerfs

Krandall

Never heard of that before... ??? I want to say my rappy plug hits more than once per revolution.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

short in coil? Wrong coil? :lol: Bad coil? Weird..... Stator problem?

Does the raptor plug fire before the exhaust stroke to fire unburnt gasses? No idea. Am I talking outta my A$$?

More than likely.. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

iluvdirt

Full LRD Pro4, Dynojet,
Moose Pro Plate bumper
Tusk nerfs

iluvdirt

When I got the pickup coil from RM Stator, the wires that I had to splice onto the stock ones, were a different color. It said to reverse the wires at the plug if you got them reversed when connecting. In this case, I have spark, but it seems to be too much. So I reversed them to see what it would do.  The effect I got was no spark until I let off the starter button, then I got one spark as the motor stopped turning. And then while leaving it that way, I unplugged the regulator, and it went back to the crazy spark.
I know this is confusing as shit, but wtf is going on????
Full LRD Pro4, Dynojet,
Moose Pro Plate bumper
Tusk nerfs

Peelz

wrong stator? why would colors be different?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"