New KDS head gasket

Started by tonto13, May 18, 2009, 09:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto13

Here is the new head gasket for bigbore motors from KDS RACING. These are the first prototypes that are about to be tested. If everything goes well you will now have another option in head gaskets. As of right now we will be able to go up to 108mm bore. As soon as testing is done and we know they work as intended we will make them available.
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Kenny

Thanks so much for taking care of this for me Roy..... I would have never got it done without you. :clap: I sure will be happy when they build an actual die so we can stamp these out, because they sure ain't pretty straight off the water jet ::)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

tonto13

True!! So True!!!! Might not be the prettiest, just as long as it does the job as intended ;)!!!!
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Kenny

Quote from: tonto13 on May 18, 2009, 09:30:50 PM
True!! So True!!!! Might not be the prettiest, just as long as it does the job as intended ;)!!!!
I guess it is a bit prettier than pukin' coolant :nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Krandall

That green dribble coming out of the side of my motor adds 3 HP + character! :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

Kenny, Care to give any of the people who don't call you some info on these bad boys. ;) 8)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

The composite material withstands 1,000° F and is comprised of modified asbestos/graphite on a steel core with an Inconel fire ring pressed in, and the retail price is gonna be about $45. Everyone should know that it is simply good practice to do precision machine work on the mating surfaces, but this gasket will be WAY more forgiving than what we currently have :thumbs:

Let the big bore kits roll fellas :clap:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Big_Gunz_

Will this gasket work on an o-ring cylinder?

Kenny

Quote from: Big_Gunz_ on May 19, 2009, 10:15:16 AM
Will this gasket work on an o-ring cylinder?
Yes, just take the o-ring out :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

bustedplastic

i assume people are on vacations, but anyone know if the stock torque specs will apply for this gasket?

Kenny

Quote from: bustedplastic on May 22, 2009, 03:45:10 PM
i assume people are on vacations, but anyone know if the stock torque specs will apply for this gasket?
Stock torque should do it :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

bustedplastic

tonto13

Did you get the gasket in time for the weekend trip? I sent it next day, hope you got it in time.
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

bustedplastic

had a problem with it, ran a cometic gasket for my big trip, lasted four days of HARD riding before it started bubbling antifreeze into the overflow and gave me that sweet vaccuum in my radiator...  Gotta call Kenny today to talk to him and see if i did anything wrong with his gasket though...