You wanna know what pisses me off with fellow members????

Started by Gunz, May 13, 2009, 08:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

Quote from: preddy08 on May 14, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
Quote from: Oilfield_Mafia on May 14, 2009, 10:47:59 AM
ERMAHGERD, I would ship that shit right the hell back.. and demand a refund.. Better yet, throw it in the floorboard of the Pete, and take it back personally.. THAT is complete BULLSHIT. That motor should have been in wooden crate and bolted down..

Was their insurance on the motor?

I feel your pain EVERY SINGLE FREEKIN part I order takes 3-4 times longer than it should!

hey i got your parts to ya quicker than i quoted  ;) but seriously gunz id be inspecting that thing with a magnified glass.  and i hope you had insurance for it incase something is broken.  seriously though i think shipper and shipee share the blame on that package.
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Alkire193

Yea I got an AC Racing front bumper in the mail and UPS dropped off a package that looked like yours a bit with foam peanuts falling out the side. I feel ya. And my Maxxis Razr 2 front tires took 3 weeks to arrive after I raised hell when they didnt show up in time for the GNCC.

Gunz

I got another box from UPS today... I'm not sure what it is yet, probably my arms and shocks from TimelessR1. Anyhow my wife has the UPS guy put into the garage next to the other box... and he says "Looks like that box went through a war" my wifes says "you should know, you delivered it yesterday." WTF, I've contracted with UPS, USPS, FEDEX, RoadRunner, Estes, and GS. Well I've been thinking about it all day. I've come to the conclusion that the USPS is the only one that I have never seen them disrespect packages. FEDEX, UPS, and ESTES are by far the worst. Roadrunner and GS(now Estes westCoast) aren't to bad, but still I've seen the ol' toss the box that way.

Hey and all you guys dogging TRF.... just stop. UPS f'd up this box.. wasn't the first and damn sure won't be the last.  PS I sent my rear shock off today to Wiig VIA UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE. F UPS.

Now if I can just get my parts and/or $$$$ from the rest of the slackers out there, I might be able to ride my bike soon. If I miss another rally I'm gonna flip out.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Krandall

I don't know how you can't blame TRF... ??? ???

When I shipped my motor to Bo. I sent it in a huge Rubbermaid tote. Spray foamed the #$!@# outta the inside, got there one of the handles was broke off, but the motor wasn't touched.. Bo bought a new tote sent it back wrapped in carpet and spray foamed the crap out of the outsides, made it to my place w/ one of the handles broke off.. With a motor wrapped like it is w/ yours.. How is a UPS guy supposed to anywhere near easily pick that thing up? my bet is theyjust rolled the sucker around. I'm not what-so-ever discrediting TRF's work. Just seems like they coulda upgraded to a tote that's easily managable for a UPS person to lift/carry around. ;)

Hope you get all your stuff man! :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

disco

I'm not trying to step on toes here but here's my 2 cents worth.

UPS shouldn't have delivered that box in that shape.  Obviously it should not be in that shape to begin with but UPS does rewrap and retape stuff if the box doesn't hold up.  If they try "insufficient packing" you could ask how the packing is supposed to be retained when they've torn holes in the box.

Any damage?  Get TRF on the phone to call UPS on their end.  Ultimately the fight is between UPS and TRF. 

There's a good reason you didn't hear that driver knock.  I wonder if it was your regular driver or a cover driver.  Cover drivers screw the regular guy because they don't have to deal with it the next day.  I personally wouldn't have delivered it.  You'd get it a day late in a new box.

Now honestly that box doesn't look heavy duty enough to hold something over 70 lbs.  It's corrugated cardboard but I bet the rating on the bottom isn't very high.  The way the corners are all rounded off makes me think it's cheap cardboard and uh... insufficient packing.  (sorry man)  Shifting contents rounds off the corners.  The weight shifts, the box rolls.  Corners are rounded off. Makes it real fun to carry like that too. 

If anybody ships stuff with any carrier, use good cardboard and go crazy with the tape!  Tape is cheap, your stuff isn't.  I tape along the seams then across.  Too many times I've picked up a box of bolts and the bottom rips out and crap goes everywhere.  The heavier it is, the better you need to pack it.

If I ever ship an engine, it's probably going in a crate with expanding foam or will be double boxed.  EF in the inside box and peanuts in between boxes.  It's heavy enough that dim weight (dimensional) won't be a problem.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Segkast

Inside the cardboard box should be the plastic box that it was sent to TRF in, which made it there (to TRF) just fine... :thumbs:
Oury grips & Yamalube

dragonz

2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

Gunz

I just opened it a little while ago. So far I noticed my rverse bracket is bent into a U. The overflow hose is smashed hard enough its cut nearly in half. My crank case has a huge gash in it. My PC3's case  is smashed  a little bit in the middle by the 3rd button. Not all sure yet, I've got to figure out a way to get all the peanuts out of my exhaust, oil line, water pump,and nearly every other intake/outlet. Jason did ship it back in my plastic tub, it was destroyed. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Got my front shocks and arms from UPS yesterday and one of the shocks was sticking out of the box. This box was taped up good too. They looked to be in good shape though, They were probably in great shape when the were shipped.

I guess it was a good thing I posted up about getting F'd on all my parts and $$$$. Almost everybody has sent my stuff, those that haven't ... well all I got to say is hurry the hell up. :mad:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

dragonz

Best of luck as you deal with the supplier & the shipper.
They must sort it out between them, it is your right to expect to have your goods arrive in good order.

Keep us posted
2003 Raptor 660LE
719cc with Kenz 13.5:1 piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported head
Ferrea SS Valves
CT Sonic Exhaust
GYTR Clutch

ASR +3+1 A-Arms & Works Tripple Rates
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Pro Armour Skid Plate
Tusk Nerfs

Gonna be a fun ride now!

tonto13

So is this gonna delay you even more :clap:!! J/K!!!!!!! I know I only use USPS as of late for this very reason. Plus if it does not fit in the mailbox and I am not home to sign for it I have to go pick it up and sign for it. Which means I get to inspect first!! Man I hope you get it all worked out and soon, I know not getting to ride is driving you mad :mad:!
MSAWS= My Sh*t Always Works Sometimes!
"99% of life is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, YOU SUCK!!!"
-Mike Muir (aka Tonto)

Gunz

Quote from: tonto13 on May 16, 2009, 09:52:09 PM
So is this gonna delay you even more :clap:!! J/K!!!!!!! I know I only use USPS as of late for this very reason. Plus if it does not fit in the mailbox and I am not home to sign for it I have to go pick it up and sign for it. Which means I get to inspect first!! Man I hope you get it all worked out and soon, I know not getting to ride is driving you mad :mad:!

Next time you talk to Kenny... tell him I'm dying here.

Just waiting on, (2)swingers, carrier, cv4 hoses, rear axle, rear shock, a tps, and couple of other parts....

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Troy

Kenny is on the beach having Margaritas with the senioritas, lol.