Smoking?

Started by Juggernaut_7, May 12, 2009, 04:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggernaut_7

Ok got a question just finished my build and its smoking pretty good i just wanted to know y? i dont have a map right for me at the moment so i just added 25 percent across the whole board on my pc3.. i wanted yalls opinion on if its too much fuel or rings not sealing????
08 GYTR SE 700
DMC Force 4 Duals
FCI Intake
PC 3
KDS evac valve
Dynatek Prog.
Full KDS Build

Colorado700R

probably way to rich on idle for sure, but what color is the smoke?

1badazz_700r

My diamond piston is smoking real bad(blue smoke). getting ready to tear it down and make yet another decision. What color is yours smoking?

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Juggernaut_7

im not gonna lie its hard to tell what color, i figure when i get my map i need in and it still smokes must be rings :(  got another ? though what does it hurt to smoke like that if it is the rings?? power loss? or just oil wasted? and will it lead to something else tearing up? on the smoke color its not black but not blue more of a whiteish smoke. i only have bout 10 min run time on it maybe if it is rings they will seal
08 GYTR SE 700
DMC Force 4 Duals
FCI Intake
PC 3
KDS evac valve
Dynatek Prog.
Full KDS Build

Colorado700R

blue says excess fuel to me.  White would make me think coolant (IE head gasket ??? )

Livingmylife93

My old 350 blew gray smoke for the first 20 minutes it ever ran after throwing a high comp. wiseco in it. -- Keep in mind it could not be burning coolant do to air cooling

After that, it went away. My friend said it was just the chrome burning off the piston, but i dont know if i can believe that.

Also, if you really havent had it running for a while yet, you may just be burning off the oil you got all over the place, ie- When you drop the cylinder over the piston, you probably lubed it up with some oil. SO you may still be burning that.

I may be all wrong, just my two cents.

Get the right map in there, see if it smokes and let us know  :thumbs:

1badazz_700r

if they were supposed to smoke they would from the factory. You are loosing compression,oil and H.P. White smoke is usually a head gasket issue,black is to much fuel and blue is oil. I admit i was not real sure on the color mine was smoking but now i can smell the oil burning. i have about 4hours on mine but its not hard riding like i usually do.

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

DL700

oil burning is a white/bluish color... just smell the exhaust and u will be able to tell...

oil consumption will reduce power output and if not watched could result in a blown motor from running dry
CUERVO RACING

Colorado700R

Quote from: DL700 on May 12, 2009, 07:11:02 PM
oil burning is a white/bluish color... just smell the exhaust and u will be able to tell...

If he went up 25% across the board on the map, all he's gonna smell is fuel

rutcutter

Who would be stupid enough to lose a motor from oil consumption :mad: :mad: ??? ??? :nocomment: :bash: :jerkoff:
08 Grey 700R
Web 4 Cam
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ign. custom curve
Kenny's +3 Throttle body
Kenny's evac valve
FCI intake
Barker dual exhaust
Racers Edge12:1 piston
Racers Edge CNC porting
Ferrea +2 intake and exhaust valves
Kibble White valve springs
Hot Rod +5 stroker crank

1badazz_700r

Not me for sure :thumbs:im taking mine back apart

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Kenny

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on May 13, 2009, 02:38:47 AM
Not me for sure :thumbs:im taking mine back apart
As soon as you get that thing apart to scuff the cylinder and clock the rings you should be fine........  :confused:
Quote from: Juggernaut_7 on May 12, 2009, 04:36:31 PM
Ok got a question just finished my build and its smoking pretty good i just wanted to know y? i dont have a map right for me at the moment so i just added 25 percent across the whole board on my pc3.. i wanted yalls opinion on if its too much fuel or rings not sealing????
Wait till you get a map and break it in..... You can't put the cart before the horse. You already know the fuel is WAY too fat, and breaking it in on synthetic oil was a no-no too...... You have a very trick plateau finish on your bore, and by the time you do your dyno pulls you'll be fine.
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Juggernaut_7

Alright fellas sorry for the awful quick post with only have a few minutes on the build just got back from riding, It is now NOT smoking and runnning like a rocket!!! 4th gear wheelies no problem!! I guess the smoke was from intial start up of oil everywhere and lots of fuel combined but its gone and thats all that matter thanks for evryones help. If you want a rocket holla at Kenny!!
08 GYTR SE 700
DMC Force 4 Duals
FCI Intake
PC 3
KDS evac valve
Dynatek Prog.
Full KDS Build

Kenny

Keep me in the loop on this...... It should be fixed. And as always it has been a pleasure working with you on this my friend :thumbs:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

1badazz_700r

I would like throw out there that mine also has time on it however its mostly 1st and 2nd gear putting on a trail. I would also like to note that i put oil down the spark plug hole for initial start up. And last but not least and probably the most important thing that i did not do. I was not aware that the rings had to be positioned in a certain fashion... So i think my issue's are a series of self inflicted error's that i will have to iron out myself. Kenny did offer to give me new rings or anything else i may need to make this right :thumbs:

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm